Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

southern cali schools

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 6 Replies
hey, anyone in CA? My Dh works in ontario nd we are looking to move. I want to be in a good school district and offers half ay kindergarten. We are looking in glendora and Claremont...also arcadia and temple city....although thats more of a drive.

any other tips are welcomed....such as alternative schooling methods (I would love to homeschool but DH says no).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cafe MichelleP
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Im not sure but here is a bump for you. Hopefully someone will be able to offer insight.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Arcadia has some great schools. Their AHS band goes to the Rose Parade and wins national honors regularly.

Glendora is also pretty good.

I'd stay out of Temple City, a lot of gang activity that direction.

Claremont is pretty good but probably the most expensive area on your list.

PS- i grew up in Covina (whivh has ok schooks) and is in the middle of your choices.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM

You could also check out greatschools.org. They have parent reviews and might help you decide within the cities you're looking at.

Precious333
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Arcadia has some great schools. Their AHS band goes to the Rose Parade and wins national honors regularly.

Glendora is also pretty good.

I'd stay out of Temple City, a lot of gang activity that direction.

Claremont is pretty good but probably the most expensive area on your list.

PS- i grew up in Covina (whivh has ok schooks) and is in the middle of your choices.

thanks :)  My DH and I went to AHS. It was ok. There wasn't a lot of gang activity but there were some people there that used drugs.

My cousins went to Temple City High, I honestly don't know how their experience was.

Thanks for your help :)

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
Precious333
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Quoting Barabell:

You could also check out greatschools.org. They have parent reviews and might help you decide within the cities you're looking at.

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
mitchiesgirl
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM
You are looking to move to far from me... I'm in the beach cities... But greatschools.org gives you scores and parent testimonials and rankings.... Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)