Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medieval Times

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 32 Replies

My mom and her fiance surprised us yesterday by taking us to Medieval Times for her birthday. It was AWESOME! Hubby was in on the surprise, but the kiddo and I had no idea until we pulled into the parking lot.  Well, I suspected from the diretion we were heading, but kept it to myself. lol

The whole thing is amazing! We got to dress up in costumes and get our picture taken in front of a castle. The kiddo was up there with the king and got made into a princess and then they read her name off later with the other birthdays.  We were in the front row too and our knight (boy was he hot!) gave the kiddo a flower at one point.  

The food was great and they def give you enough! We were all stuffed by the time desert got there.

The show itself was amazing! The games were fun to watch, the horses impressive and the fighting was pretty intense!

If you ever have the opportunity to go, I highly suggest it! Be prepared to spend some money tho as all the extras cost and the bar is expensive!

HAve you been? Did you love it too?  

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy_Daze
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM

We haven't gone for a few years, but I love it! Glad you all had a great time!

auroragold
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Glad you had a great time!

There was (don't know if it's still around) a similar place in the Boston area.  A group of us went in college and it is a GREAT memory for me (and I have pictures of it still)

jennbec1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM

We def made some good memories! 

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM

We have one here. I have been once and really didn't care for it. I didn't like the food at all.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:48 PM
We go every couple years and always have fun! I've never been disappointed in the food and always get good service.

The "extras" definitely add up fast! That and DH both Ds1 a dragon chess set one time, and a real sword another... I got dragon wedding goblets. We can't go in there without dropping big $$.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM
We want to go! Weve been talking about going to one in baltimore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I haven't been in years. It sounds like Nate would love it. We might have to go again soon. 

jennbec1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM

You should!!!!!! I'm still smiling from the whole experience!

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I haven't been in years. It sounds like Nate would love it. We might have to go again soon. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM

The one in Orlando is still open. But you're right about the cost. It's $55 a person!  

I just need to figure out a way to scam grandma into paying...

Quoting jennbec1:

You should!!!!!! I'm still smiling from the whole experience!

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

luvcats406
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

My daughter is going there on a field trip in May.  I am glad it is fun.  She will like to hear that.  I have been to the Renissance fair in upstate ny, orange county i believe.  I liked that.  We could even dress up.  They did have jousting.  I did not eat the food so I do not know how good it is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)