• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great service!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM
  • 15 Replies

We always hear about bad service that people get at places and not often enough hear about the great service we get. I know I have shot my mouth off about lousy service on many occasions. I try to talk about the good stuff too and like hearing about places others think I should go.

So, where are some places you have received great service at?

Yesterday hubby noticed that one of my tires was bubbling in a couple spots. We were on a tight schedule, but stopped at a Discount Tires. One of the guys looked at the tire and said for safety we needed to put the spare on since they couldn't get to us that day due to us having to  be somewhere. The guy knew we had somewhere to be, so stopped what he was doing, grabbed the equipement and came out on put the spare on for us in the parking lot. It took less 10 minutes and we were on our way. I thought it was awesome of him! It would have put us way off schedule for us to drive back home and hubby to change it by himself.

Now I wanna hear your awesome experiences!      

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Years ago I went through a fast food place and got a baked potatoe. I order all sorts of funky so I am usually not mad when they mess up. However, this day I was having the WORST day ever. I order my stuff and get home. It was absoluetly perfect. I called them to say thank you. LOL They sounded shocked I called. I've worked in fast food and you dont get many happy calls. LOL

jennbec1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM

That is awesome! I've been known to call about great service too. I did recently after a trip to Central Market. We always get great service there, but this day was above and beyond.

I remember I went to a BK on Christmas Eve YEARS ago. The manager was railing on a worker right there at the counter. I told the manager off and when I got home called in to corporate I was so pissed.  

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Years ago I went through a fast food place and got a baked potatoe. I order all sorts of funky so I am usually not mad when they mess up. However, this day I was having the WORST day ever. I order my stuff and get home. It was absoluetly perfect. I called them to say thank you. LOL They sounded shocked I called. I've worked in fast food and you dont get many happy calls. LOL

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM
It's not a real store, but the Rokenbok toy company is amazing with customer service. (We've bought their products at a local hobby shop, Amazon, and their website rokenbok.com). We've called and emailed before and gotten fast responses. They stand behind their products and have replaced stuff for us with no problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennbec1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome! I get frustrated with online service most of the time.

Quoting JonesMama:

It's not a real store, but the Rokenbok toy company is amazing with customer service. (We've bought their products at a local hobby shop, Amazon, and their website rokenbok.com). We've called and emailed before and gotten fast responses. They stand behind their products and have replaced stuff for us with no problems.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM
I've worked in food service most of my adult life and still work in customer service. I know first hand that so many fast food employees could care less. I hated many of their attitudes. So I always try to let a manager know when an employee has a great attitude and I get great service
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Oh I even wrote a post about it on here when it happened...
A while back we took ds to McDs. We were sitting in playland and he was eating. He forgot his seat didn't have a back on it and he leaned back and hit his head on the hard floor. Of course he screamed bloody murder and another customer went to get ice for us. So the manager immediately came to us to make sure he was alright. She asked if he needed to see a Dr. But by then he stopped crying and wanted to play. He really seemed fine. So she wrote up an accident report just in case. Then gave me the store number AND he personal cell in case anything happened later. She gave ds ice cream and even called me to check on him the next day. I was really pleased.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM
I remembered another one. Bahama Breeze had just opened here and the wait was 3 hours or so for a table. Well, I called to see if they did reservations. I was told no, but they would do one for us since it was dh's 30th birthday. Awesome, right? We reserved for a group of 15. So we called the day of the party to verify the time and this rude manager accused us of lying, said that they never would have done that, hung up on dh twice, and was plain nasty. So we scrambled last minute to find somewhere else to accommodate a large group. I complained online the next day and had a fast response from the regional manager. He asked for my phone # to call. So he talked to dh. He said he would be sending us something. We thought it would be a free dessert or tshirt or something. 2 weeks later, nothing had arrived but he called again because it had come back. So he overnighted a package to us. Inside was.....$200 in giftcards! (Ten $20 ones) along with an apology letter and his personal cell to call whenever we wanted to go and he would get us right in.

We had fun with those gc! We heard from a friend that worked there that a manager was fired right around that time...maybe the crappy one that we dealt with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennbec1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM

WOW!!!!!!

Quoting JonesMama:

I remembered another one. Bahama Breeze had just opened here and the wait was 3 hours or so for a table. Well, I called to see if they did reservations. I was told no, but they would do one for us since it was dh's 30th birthday. Awesome, right? We reserved for a group of 15. So we called the day of the party to verify the time and this rude manager accused us of lying, said that they never would have done that, hung up on dh twice, and was plain nasty. So we scrambled last minute to find somewhere else to accommodate a large group. I complained online the next day and had a fast response from the regional manager. He asked for my phone # to call. So he talked to dh. He said he would be sending us something. We thought it would be a free dessert or tshirt or something. 2 weeks later, nothing had arrived but he called again because it had come back. So he overnighted a package to us. Inside was.....$200 in giftcards! (Ten $20 ones) along with an apology letter and his personal cell to call whenever we wanted to go and he would get us right in.

We had fun with those gc! We heard from a friend that worked there that a manager was fired right around that time...maybe the crappy one that we dealt with?

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

i went to uno's chicago grill year before last on new years. it was our first date night without kids in years. well anyway they were taking forever to get our meal and we had planned on seeing a movie that only had one showing and i was afraid we were going to miss it. i was getting real antsy i didn't complain i just said is it going to be long? and the waitress brought the manager to our table he comped our meal asked us what movie we were going to see (harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1) and sent someone over there to buy us our tickets. 

i was shocked. I'm not a complainer generally and i wasn't yelling or being difficult. I was just disappointed. i think he felt pretty bad because i was almost in tears. this was dec31st 2010 our last date had been in 2004. lol 

Apparently a bunch of people had called off probably because it was new years so they were really understaffed. I knew the waitress had nothing to do with it so i still left her a really good tip even though we didn't have to pay.

they were awseome!  They really went above and beyond.

When time crashes

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Yeah we were pretty shocked! We had fun treating another couple to dinner, something we could never have done otherwise. We found out later that they hadn't been able to afford their monthly date night that month so they were super thankful to get to go. So it worked out great and we did use the regional manager's cell # to get right in...and we sure got great service that night! Then we got to treat dh's bf to dinner with the gc, (didn't use the phone number again), and still had some left.

Quoting jennbec1:

WOW!!!!!!

Quoting JonesMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)