• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving Soon

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

My family and I will be moving to Alaska soon and I am kinda nervous for my son. We have lived in Texas since he was born so He goes to school and after school care with friends he hasknown a long time. We have been around these kids and parents his entire life. He knows his teachers and school and loves it. Any advise on how to make this easier for him? We will be moving during the summer so he will start kindergarden in Alaska!!!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
auroragold
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM

How exciting!!

Reina13
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM

What an exciting and amazing opportunity.

STKsMomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Get him some books on alaska, and maybe see about getting his class and/or friends to make him a video. That way he has something to remember them by and also something to show his new friends about where he is from!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Quoting STKsMomma:

Get him some books on alaska, and maybe see about getting his class and/or friends to make him a video. That way he has something to remember them by and also something to show his new friends about where he is from!

family in the van   Mom of four

janitablue
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Maybe when he has spring break or summer break can go back to Texas for a visit.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:32 PM

We moved the summer before my son started kindergarten. I think moving before he starts kinder is something that will help make the transition easier. He'll make new friends at school in the fall, and he'll probably adjust faster than you realize.

My son did have a hard time being away from his grandmother and my sister for the first year we moved, but they moved a year after us. So my son was fine once he was able to spend time with them again. If that's not an option for you, I wonder if Skyping would help?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)