Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM
  • 27 Replies

Im getting back a little under $4000.00 from taxes this year. I am having a HUGE internal debate on what to do with the money. I have $3624.84 in collections, $9000.00 (maybe more now) to an attorney, and I would love to pay all the collections and as much of the attorney as possible. My SO and I have been talking about joining a gym so that the kids can have somewhere to other than home to play and hangout, while the grownups get some alone time/ workout/ grownup time. We have calculated it out to be about $2300.00 for a whole year at the club near us... I know I should use the money for debt, not even rely on this money, but neither SO nor I work, so we are getting on each others last nerve resulting in bickering and fighting.... I really think this would help our relationship as well help our kids in a number of ways. I don't know what to do. I had myself convinced that the money should go to bills until we actually went and sat down with someone at the club.... Plus im pregnant so the gym would be so nice for me once the baby comes. I could get the weight off so much faster than sitting at home all day... Please tell me what you would do.... Thanks in advance.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I really think with neither of you working and a baby on the way......a gym membership is the least of your worries.

jaehawk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Do what makes u happy..pay some on the bills ..an if u have a ymca in ur town they offer a discounted rate that goes by ur income..so u could have a gym and save some $
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danarae1976
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I would be paying bills off ....  Why not go for walks to the park ? 

janitablue
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I know how you feel . Pay whatever bills you can . Whatever left back treat yourself to mani and pedicure.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Quoting danarae1976:

I would be paying bills off ....  Why not go for walks to the park ? 

Those were my exact thoughts reading the post.

mommy06and09
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM

The problem with the park is that it doesnt get us away from each other and it means that at least one of us is around the kids... We need some alone time. Neither of us really gets that. Plus with how cold/wet everything is here, the kids only want to be at the park for about ten minutes then they are ready to come home. We talked about having one parent take the kids to the park so the other can relax then switching, but like i said the kids just get too cold. We also thought about trips to the mall and the library, but either one of us feels left out, or we are still together and not getting that alone time we need.

beach_star
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Pay the bills and get as much of that out of the way as you can. That's my advice.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm not trying to be rude here, but one of you really needs to get a job.  That will give you some time alone.  You need to pay your bills before having any luxuries.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Well said!

Quoting steelcrazy:

I'm not trying to be rude here, but one of you really needs to get a job.  That will give you some time alone.  You need to pay your bills before having any luxuries.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

PinkParadox
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Spend the money on your responsibilities, and go outside for your exercise.  The kids will have more fun that way anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)