Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How do you help your child stay dry at night?

Posted by   + Show Post

Bedwetting doesn't have to stop your child from doing the things they love. We gave 25 CafeMom members 2 packs of GoodNites Bed Mats and asked them to try it with their family. The easy to use mats allow kids to enjoy sleepovers and overnight visits while giving them the confidence they deserve.

Tell us about your kids. How do you help them stay dry at night?

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Replies (131-140):
mommynac
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Wake him up to go. Has anyone tried the alarms they sell? I want to try one.

christina259
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Well darn, I was just getting ready to say GoodNites has disposable bed mats now, lol. suppose that ones covered.

Motherofmyso408
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Krissy and I have a 4 year old son and he still wets the Ed from time to time. Even after watching what he drinks threw out the day and making sure he has nothing to drink after a certain time before bed and making him go to the bathroom before bed. I can not wait to try these bed mats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smilingari
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I tried those alarm thingies myself when I was younger and it did not work. Of course, I had a terrible sleep schedule, so I was exhausted and in a deep sleep by the time it went off but still... didn't help

smilingari
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Is he a nervous child at all? I know I used to wet the bed sometimes just because I was too afraid to get out of bed.. other times it was because I was too tired to.

MrCruzito
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I just get up in the middle of the night and take him potty.  He stirrs at about 2am, but is apparently too out of it to actually get up and go potty.  I began taking him potty everynight at 2am.  If I don't sometimes he holds it till morning, but mostly he will wet the bed if I don't take him potty.  Sorta depends on his fluid intake.  I dont like to withhold fluids from him, seems mean, I mean he is thirsty or else he wouldn't want a drink.  I dont like the idea of not letting him drink just cause its close to bed time.  This works for us and I hope soon he is just able to actually wake up wake up when he realizes he has to go. 

jimbosmom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM

My daughter would nurse each night, allow herself to be laid in her crib and she would fall asleep without any trouble. When I would go into her room in the morning, I would find her diaper on the floor and a mess in the crib with her.

One night, I put her diaper on her and pretended I left the room. Within a minute or so I heard, 'rip!' as she opened one side of the tape on her diaper. I watched as she kept her eyes clothes and talked about what, I don't know, she was but months old. As she did this, she kept touching and pulling her fingers off of that tape. You could hear her skin as she pulled it off of the tape, squeezed it again and pulled it off, and did it until there was no tackiness left on the piece of tape. Then she did the same thing with the other side and before she finsished with that side, she was asleep - but the diaper was off.

The next night when I put her to sleep, I gave her a piece of masking tape, crossed my fingers and closed her door. When I opened her door in the morning, her diaper was still on! The piece of masking tape was in her hair and she was so happy to start the day! From that day on, she got a piece of tape before I turned the light off and her diaper stayed on!

heidi_val
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:57 AM
I want to try these
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k11311
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I sleep with them till they are like 5 and so, I'll wake them up every 3 to 4 hours and that has helped me a lot to keep them dry at night. That means you don't get much sleep but is worth it.

Venae
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM

No liquids after 8:00, potty before bed, then before I went to bed (midnight or 1:00 a.m.) I would get them out of bed, carry them to the potty and sit them on it whispering to them to "go potty" - they always did - put them back in bed and they were right back asleep - don't even think they ever really woke up!  Rarely had accidents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)