Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How do you help your child stay dry at night?

Posted by   + Show Post

Bedwetting doesn't have to stop your child from doing the things they love. We gave 25 CafeMom members 2 packs of GoodNites Bed Mats and asked them to try it with their family. The easy to use mats allow kids to enjoy sleepovers and overnight visits while giving them the confidence they deserve.

Tell us about your kids. How do you help them stay dry at night?

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Replies (141-150):
DestinyHLewis
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I JUST saw the ad for the bed mats! GREAT idea. I have acoupon and will be buying them tomorrow. My 8 year old still wears pullups. I was told by her ENT last year that after her surgery it would resolve itself. NOT the case. My 6 and 5 year old have NO problems. It is so frustrating for both of us. I always make her go to the bathroom before she goes to bed, and every other month we try undies I wake her up every 2 hours until 3AM to go. Still has yet to work. I don't know what to do, and she is embarrassed. It breaks my heart for her. What do I do?

C.Mclean
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I feel like me and the washer and dryer are in a love triangle..I tried waking my 13 and 7yr old up at night and they still find a way to wet the bed.I think they sneak and drink water out the bathroom sink. They know there's no more water after 5:30.I think they wet the bed cause I have the plastic bed cover on their beds. I refuse to take it off to test that theory. I think their just becoming lazy cause they know when they wet the bed I don't make it a big deal and they know that they can put it in the washer.Maybe I should make them wash it by hand then they will appreciate clean lenin

LCLMBSC
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I took the diaper off..no Goodnights, nothing...mom told me to do it.  He peed in the bed once.  He woke me up and told me; I didn't criticize him, etc., just said, "OOPS!"  Then I changed everything and put him back to sleep.  That was it for bedwetting...maybe I was lucky?  I had no problems, even though he was HELL to potty train.

LMB

JustAName
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Learn their wee times, and wake them up to go to the bathroom during the night. My daughter (3) whines a bit, but then she does the deed andgoes back to sleep pretty quickly. Very few accidents.
lovemybabies32
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM

i am glad someone asked this question cuz I need help in this area, my 6 yr old wets the bed more than his younger brother and sister and i am not sure how to deal with this so i will be paying close attention to the replies.

emtmomtwo
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I have two kids...Cheyenne who is 5 and Kale who is 4.......we use pullups. Thats the only thing that has worked for us.

lyonmomma
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM

My son had a friend that was a bed wetter, who would stay over.  I bought a plastic shower curtain and used it as a mattress protector.  its cheap and if heated in dryer will form to the mattress.  If your child is to big for pull ups, try small depends.

Akeso
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Disposable cotton bed mats are widely available here in Europe so I was surprised they weren't available when I went to Canada last year with my 3 yo as she sometimes wet the bed. I did this from when I first potty trained her as the pedi said it's better not to leave a diaper on at night. So I always got her up for a night pee before I went to bed, some 3 hours or so after she went down. Learnt that from the kids I babysat years ago - that's what the mother told me to do for her son. I put a nightlight in the bathroom so don't have to turn on the lights and just walk her there, sit her on the toilet and after take her back to bed.

linda200
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

My mom tought me  something very simple.DO NOT MAKE THIS A BIG DEAL.When happened just say very natural."oh honney you need to be change,let me help you .them you change everything ,sheets ,clothes ,put some powder,to smeel good.put back in bed and that is it.my daughter wih less them two weeks done.

good luck

EHawkins71
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Quoting MaaMee6317:

I need advice from real life experienced moms. My son is 6, he pees the bed nightly. I wish it were just a few nights a week but no its every night his older brother had the same problem but it stopped at 7. Mayb i just have to give him another year but in the meantime its hard to deal with. I personally cant afford peotective pads or nighttime pull ups so thats out the question. I just dunno what else to do. I stop liquid after 7, he doesnt drink soda and he pees be4 bedtime. Thats all ive come up with

My 6 yr old is the same way. I give my son a regular, round generic chewable vitamin, no cartoon types (he takes a full dose of gummies in the AM) before bed. We told him they help kids stay dry.  This seemed to boost his confidence. I also set his alarm for 2:30 am and he gets up on his own and goes potty. Were down to 1-2 accedents a month now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)