Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How do you help your child stay dry at night?

Posted by   + Show Post

Bedwetting doesn't have to stop your child from doing the things they love. We gave 25 CafeMom members 2 packs of GoodNites Bed Mats and asked them to try it with their family. The easy to use mats allow kids to enjoy sleepovers and overnight visits while giving them the confidence they deserve.

Tell us about your kids. How do you help them stay dry at night?

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Replies (151-160):
ndhanthro
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:20 PM

We have two boys, one is 4.5 and the other is 2.5.  Our oldest has been potty-trained (with a few setbacks during times of high stress) since he was 3.  However, he still uses pull-ups at night.  He is a heavy sleeper, and we felt that a good night's sleep (for all of us!) and his self-esteem were more important than the potty-training at night.  But I'll be curious to watch this thread and hear what the other moms have to say ...

HalleyBlue
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Hello,

My name is Halley.  A strategy that has worked for me is to reduce fluid intake.  For example, if dinner is at 6pm, it will be the last hour slot to have a drink.  Urine-free sheets are cooler ;) Hope this helps.

twi
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I get him up to go to the bathroom right before I go to bed and limit fluids.

elwalters77
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Our six year old wears "night times" good nights to bed, but sometimes still wets through sometimes. I'd like to try these mats for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sabowden31
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Hi my name is Sherry, I am a mom of 4 my youngest is 11 and she is still wetting the bed. Should I be concerned. Dr doesnt seem to think so. She is wearing pull ups but she still leaks through. I stop drinks at 6:30 but she still wets. Any advice

momto3infl
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Havent had that issue with my kids since 3-4yrs old.

1momedmunds
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM

hey how are you

kirby926
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Hi, we recently found out that our 8 yr. old daughters bedwetting is related to her food & mold allergies! She has issues with wheat/gluten, beet sugar, and some molds. If she doesn't cheat on her diet...she stays dry for the most part. She is thankful for the Goodnights since we can't always control whether she is exposed to molds!

4fabamma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
My son, the middle child, had hernias that caused him to wet the bed. I finally figured out that getting mad or upset did absolutely no good, so I eventually figured out that it was easier to " go with the flow" and wash the bed linens. He did have corrective surgery at age 6. That did correct the issue. He is grown with a son of his own and I hope he is as calm with his kids.
4fabamma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Quoting 4fabamma:

My son, the middle child, had hernias that caused him to wet the bed. I finally figured out that getting mad or upset did absolutely no good, so I eventually figured out that it was easier to " go with the flow" and wash the bed linens. He did have corrective surgery at age 6. That did correct the issue. He is grown with a son of his own and I hope he is as calm with his kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN