Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How do you help your child stay dry at night?

Posted by   + Show Post

Bedwetting doesn't have to stop your child from doing the things they love. We gave 25 CafeMom members 2 packs of GoodNites Bed Mats and asked them to try it with their family. The easy to use mats allow kids to enjoy sleepovers and overnight visits while giving them the confidence they deserve.

Tell us about your kids. How do you help them stay dry at night?

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
AmaliaD
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

help him stay dry over night - idk - i have never done anything - he has stayed dry over night on his own since he was 2 - guess i am lucky.  

sweetmommy811
by Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 12:15 AM

here's my 4 yr old dd..she was super excited to get her bed mats and try them out before bedtime!!

She has occasional accidents and we have one mattress protector on her ftwin size mattress. Sometimes she will have more than one accident during the night so in that case I 'm stuck putting extra sheets and towels down to try and protect her mattress. Let me tell you that is no fun at 3am! lol  

So the day we received our bed mats in the mail my dd helped me put the pad on her bed. I was pleasantly surprised that they were big enough for her twin bed. The sticky tabs on the back were very large and kept the bed mat nice and secure to the bed without sliding or wrinkling up. My dd said it was comfortable like a blanket and it didn't make noise like i thought it would when she was tossing and turning. So that was also a plus!

We waited 5 days with the bed mats on with no accidents. I was beginning to wonder if these were some sort of magic bed mats to keep her dry. lol On the 6th day we went to my sisters house for a sleep over. Her first sleep over because I have always worried about her having an accident at someone else's home. She has been out of pull ups since she was 2 so its strictly panties and trying to potty before bed and cutting off liquids a few hours before bedtime. Even then she still has occasional accidents. Anyhow I packed two of the bed mats in with our over night bags. It was such a relief to know that if she were to have a accident i wouldn't have to worry about finding more sheets and all that at someone else's house. She did end up having a accident that night and the goodnite bed mats held up perfectly!! It soaked it all in and not a drop was on the mattress.

Needless to say the goodnite bed mats were a life saver and kept my dd from getting embarssed about ruining someone elses mattress at her first sleep over.INot to mention it was 10 times easier to take off the bed mat, throw another one on and let her hop back in the bed. I  have already recommended them to a few family members and frieinds! I  plan on using these until my potty training days are competely over with!!

On a scale from one to ten being the best...I would rate goodnite bed mats a ten for sure!

Quana31
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I'm Laquana i've been married 6 years.My son name is Trayshawn and he has a problem with weting the bed we had to buy new mattress because of it. We buy pull ups and he has had madicine from his doctor nothing is helping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melaniecerise
by Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM

So I have tried the GoodNites Bed Mats. I used them for my son because he is the one we are having trouble with. He was excited to get the package. Sorry no pictures. Took them out of the package and was really surprised how easy they were to put on the bed. They were big enough to fit his full size bed and the sticky tabs are extra sticky which makes sure the mat will not move. My son loved laying on them. He said they were comfortable. They felt comfortable which was surprising. I thought they would feel like hospital mats and make noise, but they didn't.

These mats were super absorbant. He had a couple accidents in bed, but they absorbed it with no damage to the sheet. I was able to keep his sheet on there longer then normal with no spill though. They definitely helped him ease hus frustration and being uncomfortable as well as my frustration with not having to change his fitted sheet, just the mat.

I would recommend these bed mats to any parent who struggles with night time training

colins_mom
by Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:21 PM
My ds is 5 and hates wearing pull ups to bed!!! He aays,they make him feel like a baby! I want to try these bed mats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1031
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I have 2 boys 1 is 6 and does not wet the bed at night and my 3 year old who just became potty trained a few months ago. I'm too afraid to send him to bed in underwear. For the most part he's been dry in the morning but I just can't come to terms with letting him sleep without a pull-up....Any thoughts? Ideas how I can overcome my fear??

MrsTBailey
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM
We used one last two weeks and so far no accidents but i loved the fact that they stayed put where i placed it. We took it off a week ago and one side was on soo tight that the glue is still on there!! So we know it stays put lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daerca574
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 8:16 AM

I don't let them drink much before bedtime.  I have never had a problem with them wetting the bed at all.  I just make sure they "go" before bed as well.

dusky_rose
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM

My youngest son is 4 and I got a sample of the Goodnights underpants (can't remember the official name) in the mail in case my son would have any bed-wetting issues. But I have had no issues with him doing so yet. In fact if I wake him up early in the morning to take his cousin to school, he has been known to hold it until we get to a store or something. So I have been fortunate in this regard.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

Madelaine
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I have a two year old son so this is good for me to read and learn from.  No bedwetting problems with the older two girls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN