Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I needs tips and tricks for making good coffee. I make pretty bad coffee most of the time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

What's the right grounds to water ratio? What's a good brand to buy?

I also end with grounds in it. The filter flops down and the grounds get in sometimes. Yuck!

Help me! 

by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Replies (21-27):
Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I think I need a scoop. I just dump some in. Not very scientific. LOL

That's what we do. We have a specific coffee scoop.

Love060708kids
by Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I love Gevalia coffee the traditional roast and for 12 cups of coffee I put in 8 scoops.  I put the filter on the counter, then fill it with the coffee grounds...then place the filter back into the machine and start it.  Never get grounds in the coffee

auroragold
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Now see - I'd say "it all depends". Coffee drinkers aren't all alike.  Some like it strong, others like it mild.  So typical of me, I start with a question right back at ya!

Do you like strong coffee? Mild coffee?  Do you like coffee with undertones of flavor?

LivinBlessed
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 5:52 PM
We drink a ton of coffee, on avg 2 pots a day! Folgers Dark Silk, 8 heaping teaspoons for a 12 cup pot, yummy:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM
i have an esspresso machine.. And we use foldgers black silk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Cruella on Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe if you get a reusable filter.... You shouldn't get grounds in your coffee... Grounds in your coffee....I bet you think this song is about you!!

Sorry, I got side tracked.... And Maxwell House is the best coffee. I do 4 heaping scoops to a 12 cup pot. Also, use cold water.

momsurvival
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM
First of all buy a permanent filter. The paper ones suck. 1/8 of a cup scoop is best for measuring. For every 4 cups use a heaping scoop. So for a 12cup pot use 3to heaping scoops. Maxwell house is less bitter than Folgers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)