Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cannot believe I caught my son's teacher doing that! *Mini Update* *Update*

Sorry Ladies... I know it's been a long time since I've been able to get back on to CM... Well I went in that Monday with my hubby's second mom (retired teacher) & we all sat down for the meeting in regards to what happened. She started by describing what had happened that day. She said that My DS had started crying because he felt like he was getting in trouble in front of all his classmates. She said that one of his fellow classmates had tattled on him (not that he was tattling on someone). I asked her why she yelled at my DS regardless of what had happened!? He's only 6yrs old & in Kindergarten! No child should be treated that way. She then tried to deny it but I told her that I heard her from the other side of the school & that to me is yelling! & not only that but when I got there I was standing there for a good minute listening to her. She then tried coming up with a ridiculous excuse saying how the other teacher has a very low voice & hers is a little bit louder & maybe that's why i felt like she was yelling at him. So I brought up the fact that my son said to the principal & DH (the day of the incident) that he does not feel safe at school because of her! She apologized so many times & kept saying that she could only imagine how I felt at that moment. She also brought up a situation where DS was trying to show off his little taekwondo moves at the playground & when another teacher repeatedly asked him to stop he flipped her off & kept running around the playground (that happened 3 weeks prior to the meeting) I asked her why I was never notified about it...? She then said it was because she just let it go but if it had happened again she was going to. I let her know that when she told me that I couldn't go home & just punish my child for no reason cause he wouldn't remember or know why... I asked her to let me know as soon as I pick him up from school, call me, or to email me. What we do as a punishment is take a stripe off his taekwondo belt (he gets promoted to the next belt with those) so if we take those stripes off it'll take him longer to receive his next belt. Well she ended up writing an apology letter to him & I & also we arranged Tuesdays to be my days to volunteer to see how it's going in class. I had been volunteering before but I stopped as soon as I had my 3rd DS cause he was a NB & not only that I'm a SAHM so I had no one to watch my kids for me but 3rd DS is now 4ms old & I'm happy to see my DS feel more comfortable in school now :) Thanks ladies for the support :)

So they called me this morning at 8am (our meeting was supposed to be at 8:35am) to tell me that she couldn't make it to the school so they asked to reschedule. Ugh!!! Now we have the meeting on Monday. I told one of the moms about having her go in & explain to them what her DS has been going through cause of that teacher. Another mom told me that she'd love to be at the meeting cause she's got something to say as well. My DS is happy that his regular teacher has been there since yesterday now :) I just learned from one of the other moms that the other teacher (who was yelling at my DS) is actually just getting her degree as a teacher! *SMH*

About 2ms ago my son's kindergarten teacher sent a letter home saying that she was having another teacher come in Monday & Tuesdays to teach. Okay well the day she started my son & all of the little kids in his class kept complaining about her yelling at them. After that couple moms kept telling me that they were having issues sending them to school on Mondays & Tuesdays because it was a constant battle in the mornings. Well this morning was like any other so I took my DS then chatted with a couple moms then I crossed the street to chat some more than went by the gates again on my way home. As I was getting closer I can hear his new teacher yelling at one of the kids but as I kept getting closer I noticed it was my DS whom she was yelling at! I was in total shock on the way she was yelling at him while he was against the fence crying! I asked what was going on & she said that he was telling on one of his classmates... I told DS to meet me at the office because I was pulling him out of class that instance... I get to the office & talked to the principal about it so now we have a meeting with the teacher tomorrow morning... I'm still mad!

in love                     american football    toddler boy   baby boy

Anthony + Fabiola =  Damian, Danny Manny, & Dillon Anthony :)

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Replies (51-55):
leximann
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Bump
leximann
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Bump
URHonor
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM

bump

leximann
by New Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Bump
mom2MDS
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Guess I am the oddball here but I would tell my kid to suck it up and get used to it. There are going to be lots of times in their lives that they are going to be yelled at by someone that is an authority figure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)