Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

need help w/ neighbor girl and my kids

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM
  • 45 Replies

ok a new neighbor just moed in, their dughter is 7, i dont know and have neer seen the parents but the lil girl is very intrusive, she will not follow our rules for outside play, she asks if she can play with the boys< 5&3> and i say yes b ut just right here in our yard, and she is constantly leaing the yard playing in the road, and its hard for me to keep both the boys from doing the same, when she is not around they know the boundries, and i dont know why they think they dont have to listen when she is around. also she will knoc on our door every 10 mins from 4-8pm!!!!

i feel like a prisioner now tryng to avoid a 7yo.. i havent let the boys out all week because i dont know how to deal with this!!!! help!!!!!

momma to three amazing boys! and in love with their amazing daddy! living our untraditional life. dont judge, weve made it this far and it works :)

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melissa632
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's about time you introduced yourself to her parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM

i plan on it, but ive never seen them home :(

Quoting melissa632:

momma to three amazing boys! and in love with their amazing daddy! living our untraditional life. dont judge, weve made it this far and it works :)

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

and even then what do i say? your daughter plays in the street keep her oput of my yard? lol

Quoting melissa632:

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM
The neighborhood kiids are not allowed in my yard
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM
So shes home alone?

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Quoting melissa632:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM

i have no clue, i know she spends a lot of time a few houses down with another "trashy" neighbor.. but ive never seen her parents car there till after 11pm

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

So shes home alone?

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Quoting melissa632:

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM
3 moms liked this
Go introduce yourself and be honest...your boys aren't allowed out of the yaard. If she leaves the yard, she isn't allowed to play with them. Also, set boundaries, she can come over once a day, not bang on the doors all hours.

Also, if the parents aren't home, she doesn't come over. If anything were to happen you would be responsible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyluke2007
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM

That whole thing is scary.  I hope that the girl isn't home by herself.  If so maybe you should do something about it.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM

but how do you keep them out? ive told her our rules, asked that she stay in our yard, or atleast in her gras as well,  and i tell her everytime that she knocks we will come out when we are ready, please stop asking.. and shes just not getting it

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

The neighborhood kiids are not allowed in my yard

xtwistedxlovex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Lay out the rules very clearly and from now on every time she breaks them tell her it's time to go. She can't follow the rules of the yard, she can't be in the yard. She's not likely to follow the rules if you don't enforce them. I had to do the same and things are much calmer now. I've only had to kick one kid out of the yard and he was not a problem after that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)