Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

"is there really an easter bunny?"

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
Yep my 8 yr old DD asked me that today. In front on my 5 & 6 yr olds. So we had a talk during our trip to the grocery store. She now knows that the Easter bunny and Santa are me and daddy. And she also knows not to ruin it for her siblings. But I'm kinda sad that she's not little anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AubreeLynn7
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM

It is sad when they figure it out, but it'll pass & get off their mind & they'll normally go along with it for the younger ones (mine have anyway). Although with my older ones I tried to include them to help me with things for the younger ones. They'll help me pick stuff out for the youngers baskets & stuff. They never know what they are getting or anything, but they love helping & feel important & just as excited to see the reactions of the younger kids. So that way it's still just as fun & they feel so "grown up".

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Aawwww I'm not ready for that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Aww, that makes me sad :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

It is sad to see your little one grow up right before your eyes. Kudos to her for not spoiling the tradition to her younger siblings.

SarahLizyB
by Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM
My son was always aware, so I never experienced that sad moment
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM
I think mine know. But they have never questioned it yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Cruella on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Quoting kmrtigger:

I think mine know. But they have never questioned it yet.

This! and my boys are almost 13 and 18! LOL

One year my DD did that while we were decorating the tree. DS(7 at the time) asked her if she believed in Santa and in the most snotty, tween voice you can imagine, she said NO, of course not!

Broke my heart. It's one thing to not believe but to be a witch about it with your younger siblings is wrong. So, I said, Too bad, if you don't believe in Santa, he doesn't leave you any presents. Snotty tween said, I DON'T CARE. Ruined putting up the tree that year!

So guess what, she got 4 presents one from each of us and that was it! She believe the next year!!!

AllanRaesMomma
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I was talking to Allan about the Easter bunny. A little bit later, my niece came up and said "You know he's not real, right?" I told her she better not say that to Allan...

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Both of my boys figured it out on their own and in their own time.  I honestly have more fun with it now that they know the truth.  They no longer have the expectations of Santa or the bunny bringing them their hearts desire or any completely over the top items, so it takes the pressure off big time.  Not to mention that I get thanked for the stuff that they receive.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

At my house, if you don't believe, then you don't receive.  Hee Hee  I think mine will still be "believing" at 25.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN