Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

It's Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) Day.

What are you reading now? What about your kids?

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Replies (31-37):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM

At the moment I am not reading anything. I do have a few new books, but the names have slipped my mind.  And the kids are reading whatever they can get their hands on. At the moment it is comics.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:33 PM

In the Woods

I am in the middle of this. It's pretty good. It didn't get great reviews on amazon though. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I just finished this at school. 

I love some of her books, but this wasn't a favorite. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Quoting andrea96:

I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. My daughter is reading The Secret of NIMH (one of my old books we found in storage at my parents' last weekend). My son can't read, yet.

I love both of those. I read the Dragon Girl books last year and I read the Secret of NIHM aloud to my students. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Quoting mommatothree01:

I'm reading The Night Circus...it's really good so far.

DD, who is 10, is reading When You Reach Me.  She has to do a project on it over the summer for her pre-ap classes in middle school.

DS1, who is 6, is reading some of the Weird School series.  He loves them all.

DS2, who is 5, is reading Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss.  We're working on his reading skills, he's come a long way since xmas when he was barely recognizing sight words :)

I've never heard of that one. I just looked it up and it looks good. Let me know what she thinks. I'm always looking for books my students will like. 

cherokeegoddess
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM

i read lisa jackson books. it seems like she comes out with a book almost every month or so i can't keep up lol last book i finished was wicked games

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM
We have DEAR days at our kids's school a few times a year.
Right now my 7 yo is reading the fifth Harry Potter book, my 9 yo (just shy of being 10} is reading Catching Fire, and my 12 yo just finished Bridge to Terabithia while she waits for her brother to finish the other book. I think she is also reading Walk Two Moons.
I'm between books right now, usually I spend my reading time reading with my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)