Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

It's Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) Day.

What are you reading now? What about your kids?

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
jenny76
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I'm reading another little piece of my heart by Jane Green. So far so good! My oldest she's 9 and she's reading the Judy Moody series and my 2 yr old likes to read the same stories every night which is the very hungry caterpillar by Eric carle and if you give a pig a pancake.
STKsMomma
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM
I guess I am goinhg to read the hungar games series cause I have no books in the series that I read out right now.
I have no idea what the kids are reading!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm reading posts, does that count?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andrea96
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. My daughter is reading The Secret of NIMH (one of my old books we found in storage at my parents' last weekend). My son can't read, yet.

momof754
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Im not reading anything at the moment and im not sure what the kids are reading
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabrielsmom2006
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I'm really like Christian fiction. Not reading one at the moment just finished one by Kingsbury. My 5yr old DS reads everything he can get his hands on, and asks us to help with the harder onesreading

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I'm reading Inheritance, the last of the Eragon books.

DD is reading a silly book we don't know how/why it came in our last box of goodies I ordered from the charter school.

DS2 is reading a Halo novel.

DS1 is rereading (goofball) the Inheritance Cycle. I have to finish Inheritance before he wants HIS book back! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM

My daughter is reading "Mrs. Nelson is Back" or something like that. My DD2 is trying to get through an Oregon Trail diary.  My son is reading one of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books.  My DH is working on the 3rd Hunger Games books and I am reading "Sudden Death" by David Rosenfelt

Cindy18
by Cruella on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I read Eragon and liked it but couldn't get into the 2nd book. I want to try again.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

DD is reading a silly book we don't know how/why it came in our last box of goodies I ordered from the charter school.

DS1 is rereading (goofball) the Inheritance Cycle. I have to finish Inheritance before he wants HIS book back! Lol

Cindy

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM
I really enjoyed the first three books. By the fourth, it kind of gets to be a bit repetitive, but still interesting. I will admit I started book 4 and didn't get too far. I took about a month-long break before starting it again.

Quoting Cindy18:

I read Eragon and liked it but couldn't get into the 2nd book. I want to try again.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN