Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Skylanders, anyone?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM
  • 21 Replies

Connor, my 9yo ds, is absolutely addicted to this game.  Any time he gets money in his pocket, he thinks he has to go buy a new character. 

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaelynntanamom
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM
What's skylanders?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM

http://www.skylanders.com/

http://www.skylandersvideogamesite.com/

Quoting jaelynntanamom:

What's skylanders?

critter_boo
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM
My son loves this game
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thebailiffs
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Yes, we are and have them all. They are great to get through the week with good behavior at school and a reward on a Friday for the weekend.
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Mine are interested in this, but we haven't gotten it yet. It might be something they have to save up for this summer, with the odd jobs they will be doing to earn cash.

praisinghim2day
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

That's how we use it.  If he brings home a star on his goal sheet for the day, he gets an hour of the WII when homework and his chore are done.  No star, no game.   I don't really get the game, myself.  It looks fun, I just don't understand the story behind it.

Quoting thebailiffs:

Yes, we are and have them all. They are great to get through the week with good behavior at school and a reward on a Friday for the weekend.

thebailiffs
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM
It really is a cool concept. Each charerter has special powers and you need certain charerters to get through the game. Each Charater memories the places they have been and what they have done.
It is hard to collect them all, so we have been searching high and low.
praisinghim2day
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM

We're having a reallllly hard time getting ahold of the "life element" characters.  We still don't have even one of those in the bucket of like 20-something.

Quoting thebailiffs:

It really is a cool concept. Each charerter has special powers and you need certain charerters to get through the game. Each Charater memories the places they have been and what they have done.
It is hard to collect them all, so we have been searching high and low.

keeler_s
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM
We all love the game! :) we have 22 characters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thebailiffs
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:22 AM
I would check amazon, that is where we bought the hard ones. I also think my husband went to games stop and target. I try to stay out of all that stuff.

But it is fun to watch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)