Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Am I babying him?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM
  • 43 Replies
my 6yo still eats off "special" plates. Plastic kids plates w/kid silverwear. And occasionally uses a sippy cup, with the vaulve removed. Like if hes sick, or were having a movie night in bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifer_236
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh ya
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sonshining
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Don't think so, but now is a good cutoff age for the special plate. The circumstances you mentioned for the cup, sick and movie night, fine. So what? Who cares what anyone thinks, you're at home. But soon, give him a childs cup. It's what a sippy cup without spout is anyway.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I dont think so.  I have a 6 yo dd and her special plates are more to her portion sizes.  She loves them and her special silverware.  It encourages smaller bites of food rather than using the big spoons/forks to shovel it in.  Her sippy cups we use for traveling and they look like adult traveling mugs aside from her one straw cup that is insulated.

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM
2 moms liked this

special plates no. kid silverwear and sippy cups, yes.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM
3 moms liked this
DD is 7 and still eats off her princess and Tinkerbell plates. I don't see the big deal. I would lose the sippy though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Never heard of a childs cup like your describing..can you post a pic?

Quoting sonshining:

Don't think so, but now is a good cutoff age for the special plate. The circumstances you mentioned for the cup, sick and movie night, fine. So what? Who cares what anyone thinks, you're at home. But soon, give him a childs cup. It's what a sippy cup without spout is anyway.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Kid silverware unnecessary. Sippy on circumstances mentioned? I think it is fine. We have a couple, but typically use a straw cup or a thermos style... Plastic plate? Sure why not! Though I would put a normal plate when there are special events. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
The plates are fine. The kid silverware is probably unnecessary. The sippy...Yeah, I would replace that with a straw cup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2MDS
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:51 AM

My children all have a thermos with a straw to drink out of for movie nights and if they are sick. You can order them at http://www.thermos.com/. Just type in funtainer bottle and you will get a whole bunch of different designs

nicoal4
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:56 AM
You can go to walmart and get them as well!!! But I do the same thing with a big girl cup
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)