Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
My boys 6 have a tutor 2x a week since mid jan. The boys seem to like her though my one son started out resistant and would run away some times but once he settles down he does fine. Well today I get a call from the director that she had been talking to her about another student then my boys came up. I guess one time she is saying that he bit her (no blood) but she didn't tell me! I am pissed at him if true. I wouldn't put it past him but why not address it with me? Then she said he was poking her with a pencil once. Wtf she never indicated this to me! This is unacceptable but kind of after the fact. She suggested her writing up a contract for him to sign. What should I do? Should I just cancel her?
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Replies (21-22):
bleumonster
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I wouldn't punish at this late date, although I would probably have a talk about appropriate rules. It sounds like it happened during his resistant period. If he has been behaving since, I am not sure if a contract would be needed or even if its a good idea at this late date but if thats what it takes to keep the tutor then I probably would do it. Make sure it is short and to the point and has reasonable consequences that both boys understand. I would also have a face to face talk with the tutor about communication and timely notification, probably before I agreed to any contract. It sounds like she is young and unsure about her job.

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Quoting bleumonster:

I wouldn't punish at this late date, although I would probably have a talk about appropriate rules. It sounds like it happened during his resistant period. If he has been behaving since, I am not sure if a contract would be needed or even if its a good idea at this late date but if thats what it takes to keep the tutor then I probably would do it. Make sure it is short and to the point and has reasonable consequences that both boys understand. I would also have a face to face talk with the tutor about communication and timely notification, probably before I agreed to any contract. It sounds like she is young and unsure about her job.

No she is not young which is even more surprising.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)