Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Does your 1st grader have a Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughters fathers gf made her one. I completely disagree with her having one. She's too young, she needs to focus on other things rather than the dangers that lurk online. As she was telling me about it over the phone I overheard the gf say that she's not gonna talk to me cuz I'll tell her to turn it off and she's not gonna do that. I am her freakin mother! He gets her for 21 hours every 2 weeks MAYBE! With such little involvement and so little time there they clearly have no business making a decision like this let alone executing it! What do u think?

New info: so since I had her FB deleted I'm underhanded and sly and am jealous cuz I didn't think of making her an FB first. He made some idle threats and hurled some insults about my weight as usual. I was like this when he met me but he knows it bothers me. He also said I am evil and rude and selfish. He says FB was a sweet thing for Jaye. *sigh* He doesn't scare me anymore.
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Replies (81-90):
periwinkle163
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I would shut that down, she's not old enough at all.

lovetimes5631
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Way too young.

Sweets32285
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM

My daughter is in kindergarten.  There is no way she will have one any time soon.  Maybe like 10 years from now.

SP_Mama
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM

No and I wouldn't let a child that young have a FB page anyway.  You can report the profile to FB and let them know she's underage and they should delete the profile.

ChristySelder
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you all so much for your input. He and I don't have a good relationship. He cheated on me with her pretty much the whole time we were together. I'm not a big fan of hers! Or his for that matter. He does what he wants when he wants and doesn't care about anyone but himself. He's 38 and so ridiculous and immature still. Anyhoo, I reported it Nd it's still up but will keep checking. They do things like this without ever asking. A year ago Christmas when she had just turned 6, her bday is 2 weeks before, they bought her a cell phone which I ultimately had to end up paying for. My girl is smart though and already understands a lot about what's going on.
artistmom889
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this

My 5th grader doesn't and won't for a long time,I thought FB had an age limit of like 13 or so. Elementary school kids are not responsible or 'streetwise " enough,IMHO

themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:32 AM

nope...but my 5th grader and 7th grader have one...but basically it is because their dad lives in SC and it is the only way they have to talk to him.

my_babies_n_me
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:35 AM

No way.  I will not allow my children on social networking sites until they are teens.. your ex's gf should not be making parenting decisions anyway, she sounds like a spoiled teenager herself..I would not stand for that.

Morrigan333
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Contact Facebook and let them know the screename of your dd's account that bio dad's GF made for your daughter WITHOUT your consent or knowledge. The fact that dd is only 6or so will FORCE Facebook to delete the account per their 13 yr old age requirement to have an account. Then let them know the situation, and bio dad's email accounts, and also the gf's email accounts so they cannot set up another one in a different email address.  See if that will even work. If not, Go to a court or judge, mediator and explain this is dangerous stuff to have on the internet with just a 6 yr old girl!

flowermama2011
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:18 AM
I have a 1st and 3rd grader, there is no way I would let them, way too young, they won't have one until high school, if their lucky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)