Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Have you ever written a book, or even got it published?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

Just wondering if anyone has because I've been wanting to write for a long time, never found the time to do so and don't know where to start...Thought maybe someone else's experienced will get me moving...or show me some encouragement, I don't know...any thoughts?

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I have been looking into publishing a fun adventure book for my daughter & some of my friends kids. It is kind of pricey to do it, but worth it. My husband thinks it is such a good idea that I should market it. We will see.

My dad always told me to before he passed away. He thought my life story would be a good scared straight kind of book for young girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thebailiffs
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
No, but my best friend did. Check it put here is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Little-Christmas-Golden-Book/dp/0375873481/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1334550776&sr=1-3
Mom2Tabitha
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I am a writer of Christian poetry.  I have been told I need to get it published, but I have not yet been able to do so.  I am now actively looking into how to do it. 

Elaine

RighteousLove
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:53 AM

i write a lot as well and am looking into getting work published. although i'm confused about where to start?

danichaos
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:55 AM
When I was a teenager, a poem of mine was published in a collection of poems. But that's it, no book writing here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:42 AM

I have written a book and it was published, but somebody else got the credit because they paid me to ghostwrite.

jadedcynic
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Amazon has on demand publishing with no upfront costs.

Quoting chinosruca:

No. I have been looking into publishing a fun adventure book for my daughter & some of my friends kids. It is kind of pricey to do it, but worth it. My husband thinks it is such a good idea that I should market it. We will see.

My dad always told me to before he passed away. He thought my life story would be a good scared straight kind of book for young girls.

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:44 AM

no  but my mom is currently writing a childrens series( and has a friend who had a childrens book published last year) .   i did have a poem published in a poem book when i was little.    i want to write a childrens book and have some awesome ideas  just havent had the time to work on it

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:48 AM

i had a poem published in one of those books when i was little  my mom still has it sitting out 

Quoting danichaos:

When I was a teenager, a poem of mine was published in a collection of poems. But that's it, no book writing here

artistmom889
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:12 AM

I wrote a sci-fi novella when I was in highschool,My teachers liked it but I never got it 'cleaned up' enough to  try and publish it.I still write poetry, and had a couple of peices in a college publication, but I'm no pro.......yet. Maybe someday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)