Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Newbie..mom of second grader..going through alot of changes!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hello all! I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kristen and I am a single mom to my son who is in 2nd grade now. He will be 8 in June. We live in CT now but at the end of this school year, we are planning a big move to the Boston area. YIKES! My son has always lived with me and my mom so this will be a BIG change for us all! His dad lives up that way but has not been part of his life. Hoping that will come to be too but not counting on it.

Lots of changes and lots of anxiety for us both. I try to just paint it all as a positive adventure for my son. But, he has anxiety issues..Hope to talk with other moms of school aged children..maybe even some from the Boston area? We are looking into Quincy if south or Malden if north.

Kristen & Aiden (6-18-04)

Strong and capable single mom..doing my best!  have a good night

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Welcome to the group! I hope your move goes very smoothly! It will be an adjustment for sure but hoping it's an easy one for you both! I do not live near the Boston area , I live in NJ.

Aidenswings
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Thanks! It will definitely be a big adjustment! right now I am try to see things as steps and the first one is to find a job there, then appt, then sign him up for a program for summer. PHEW! Thanks for the support!!

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM

You're welcome!!! This is a great group!

Quoting Aidenswings:

Thanks! It will definitely be a big adjustment! right now I am try to see things as steps and the first one is to find a job there, then appt, then sign him up for a program for summer. PHEW! Thanks for the support!!

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Welcome! Maybe just keep talking about the positive attributes of the move. Boston is a great city! Do some research and see if you can enroll him in camp or any type of program where he can make friends right away so he won't be so anxious about school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aidenswings
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Thank you for the welcomming! Just wanting to figure things out ahead of time rather then get there and have 1 week to get him into a summer program. I am the type of person that has to have plans, to know what is going on in advance. I get very anxious when everything is up on the air, I don't do well with go with the flow. LOL..ugh I have no choice.

auroragold
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Welcome!

Change is hard on everyone - - - even GOOD change.  Hope it goes smoothly....

soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM

welcome

family in the van   Mom of four

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Welcome to the group. Hope the new change is a better one for everyone involved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN