Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Why is marriage so dang hard? Just needin' some girl talk.

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:20 AM
  • 14 Replies

My husband is an amazing father, more like daddy. He is our kids' favorite person. Really I have nothing to complain about. In fact, I spend more time bragging than anything else. But tonight, he was pushing my buttons. Maybe, it is the first day of my period, maybe the baby is teething and needy, but good grief. We are so different but after 7 years I am embracing our bickering and nit-picking. It's part of who we are. But I have been feeling the need lately to connect with other moms. I am certain he thinks I sit around eating ice cream and watching soap operas all day long. Not that we don't have seven children, three of whom are homeschooled along with 4 toddlers under the age of 5. Of course, I have time for tv and ice cream. I am certainly fat enough to have been eating ice cream all day. Or maybe it's still the baby weight I am losing. I don't know. I love my man, but I just need some girl talk.

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Cruella on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:19 AM

This is the place of much needed girl talk....

Jump right in and PLEASE, stop being so hard on yourself.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Quoting Cindy18:

This is the place of much needed girl talk....

Jump right in and PLEASE, stop being so hard on yourself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k11311
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Yes, marriage has always being hard and harder especially with kids but with patiance and understanding you can do all things, even the most difficult ones. They always want to see you doing something active that keep you busy. It is a good thing to get connected with friends and other moms to keep you from eating ice cream which is aiding to your weight.  Also try to find something in your home that can keep you active.Certainly you will be tied with the care of 4 toddlers but do one or two moving activities that your husband will find exciting to maintain his love for you and the kids.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:23 AM

We are always here to talk. Welcome to the group!!!

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM
3 moms liked this
When DH calls me and asks what I'm doing, I always tell him I'm sitting on my ass watching TV and eating bon bons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:35 AM
BUMP!

Amneje_Inc
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
You're absolutely right it's very hard. It makes it harder when we place expectations on each other. Plus we communicate differently. Try if you can to carve out time for the two of you. As mothers we seem to forget we have a separate identity before our kids. Wanting to reach out to others reminds you that you are human an have healthy needs to socialize. Keep up the great work. We all have our moments. His attitude could have been frustration at work. I always believe if we take a few minutes to walk in our spouses shoes we grow compassion an we don't have a battle. We now than have teamwork. Perception is everything.
momma2bubbas
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM

wow! 7 kids? you are amazing. i fully understand the need for girl talk. are you in a mom's club or play group of any kind? all of us need girl's night out! have you thought about a book club? ( audio books?) 

jenny76
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Aww I know it's hard and I'm glad to see other moms going through the same things on here. I feel so drained that at the end of the day I just want to veg in front of the t.v. and I only have 2 girls. You sound very busy with 4 little ones under the age of 5 and homeschooling, wow I don't know how you do it! I don't think you should be so hard on yourself. I think guys are just clueless sometimes. Shoot, my husband gave me running shoes and gym membership for my birthday hinting that I needed to drop some weight! anyways, sometimes you just need to vent and get it out. Hang in there!

jenny76
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

When DH calls me and asks what I'm doing, I always tell him I'm sitting on my ass watching TV and eating bon bons.

Lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN