Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

my first ride in a police car...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this
Thanks to my 5 year old that is. My dd decided to pack her things tonight and run away. So I let her go. She walked out and I followed her. She walked 2 miles! It was cute until the police stopped us. She asked my dd why she was running away from home. So my dd told her "because my mom doesn't like my reading". She got a 60 on her AR book today and I told her I didn't like that and she had to read the book again. So she got mad and decided to run away. I couldn't believe she made it a whole 2 miles! The police lady told her to pinky promise her she wouldn't run away again. And she did. It's funny but also kinda scary just how determined she can be. I wonder how far we would be now if the cop hadn't picked us up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Haha I think we've all had that happen with our kids (the running away). Glad you guys made it home nice and safe :)

Do you mind if I ask where you live? We have AR books too but I haven't talked to anyone outside my county who has even heard of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeLynn7
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I used to run away all the time when I was little. However, I never walked that far...just down the road (which my mom could see) & sat down for about 30 minutes then decided I wanted to go back home! LOL! That's a long walk for a 5 year old! Was she mad you were following her? My 5 year old is so sassy she would have told me to stop & go back home that she'd be ok! & I agree with the AR!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM

2 miles, huh? That is one determined young lady you have : )  Glad it was a nice, understanding officer who came by.

Jennyanne322
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Lol thats so funny. At least you had a very nice cop. The back seat of an RMP is so small. No leg room and very uncomfy. I don't know how anyone fits back there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Busymom2three
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM
We live in so. Ga.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Haha I think we've all had that happen with our kids (the running away). Glad you guys made it home nice and safe :)

Do you mind if I ask where you live? We have AR books too but I haven't talked to anyone outside my county who has even heard of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM
I've never heard of anywhere that didn't do AR books. LOL

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Mine have run all the way to the barn.  lol  The oldest actually spent the night there once a few summers ago.

I agree with you that she should reread the book.  If she got a 60 on her AR test she obviously didn't understand the story.

auroragold
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM

That is the strangest story I have ever heard!

auroragold
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM

so...................

why exactly did the police decide to stop?

Busymom2three
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Trust me I am having a hard time believing it too, and I just lived it!

Quoting auroragold:

That is the strangest story I have ever heard!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)