Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

what the..............(awkward mom moments)

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sometimes as parents we have to do things that we never expected that we would have to do as parents. I had one of thise moments this weekend. (ive had stranger but this was the most recent)

This week/weekend i had a house full of kids. I had my normal 3 with my 14yo sd, my nephew, and our friends son. ALL WEEK!!! (it was vactaion) Well yesterday all kids were outside playing. It was nice and peaceful in the house, my ds doing his normal thing of completely rearranging the living room. Nice quiet normal day. Then i heard that ominous word "MAMA!!!!!"  My daughter comes running in the house and tells me that her pants have splinters and her butt hurts. Ok well after looking at her shorts I made her take them off and change. She then notifies me that there are pins in her butt. Well after dropping her pants to show me, it looked like she sat on a porcipine. LOL Never in my life did i ever think I would have to spend an hour pulling splinters out of my childs butt cheek!!!!!! It was so hard not to laugh the whole time. Only my daughter can get splinters in her butt sitting on CONCRETE stairs lol.

What are some of your awkward parenting moments?

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Lol!

When ds2 was 4, he was curving his arm, pretending it was a scoop, and pulling things on the floor toward himself. He did this w/ his water bottle and proudly announced, "Mommy! I got my water w/ a hooker!" He was then totally puzzled when I about died laughing!

weirdkids
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM
My SS came running in with a bloody nose. Told me he got hit by a hoe. I fell out my chair laughing. He stepped on a RAKE and it smacked him in the face. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanTiarra
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, too many to count!

When my DS was 2 we were at the store and I took the cap off of a can of chocolate milk powder to ensure that the inner seal was not broken. My son shouted at the top of his lungs "Mommy, don't steal that, stealing is wrong!" and of course everyone had to look.

When my DD was 4 we were at the pharmacy getting a prescription. A very heavy (easily over 400 pounds) man came in in a moterized wheelchair. DD's eyes popped open and she ran up to him, pointed at him and said "You, fine sir, are puffy!"I almost died, we had a very long talk about what is and what is not appropriate to say.

Cherish77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:24 AM

putting cream on ds penis when he had a uti.

weirdkids
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:31 AM

that is a riot. at least she was respectful lol my daughter likes to order a side of "cat" at chinese resturants. or the time her and my grandmother went to the buffet for dinner and she very loudly pointed out that the 2 ladies next to them were very old and quite fat

Quoting AidanTiarra:

Oh, too many to count!

When my DS was 2 we were at the store and I took the cap off of a can of chocolate milk powder to ensure that the inner seal was not broken. My son shouted at the top of his lungs "Mommy, don't steal that, stealing is wrong!" and of course everyone had to look.

When my DD was 4 we were at the pharmacy getting a prescription. A very heavy (easily over 400 pounds) man came in in a moterized wheelchair. DD's eyes popped open and she ran up to him, pointed at him and said "You, fine sir, are puffy!"I almost died, we had a very long talk about what is and what is not appropriate to say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN