Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parent records teachers bullying autistic boy

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:48 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Strega
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Watched this yesterday, and I haven't felt so sickened by something in a very long time.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Cindy18
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Sorry, Rora. I'm not going to watch this.

Anyone adult who would bully a child is a sorry excuse for a human.

Strega
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Yeah, if you haven't watched it yet---I highly recommend that you fight the urge to.

Quoting Cindy18:

Sorry, Rora. I'm not going to watch this.

Anyone adult who would bully a child is a sorry excuse for a human.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

auroragold
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:59 AM
3 moms liked this

I seriously want to march to that school and slap all the administrators upside the head for allowing this woman to CONTINUE TEACHING

Strega
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Can you imagine how many other Kids they're doing this to? Sick.

Quoting auroragold:

I seriously want to march to that school and slap all the administrators upside the head for allowing this woman to CONTINUE TEACHING

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:06 AM

That's just disgusting! If anyone ever treated my older sister like that (she is MR) there would be hell to pay.

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Sadly this is in my state. About a half hour to 45mins from me :( this is supposedly a good school district too. I was so heart broken listening to that little boy when I watched this yesterday...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Wow.  I work in a sub separate classroom and cannot imagine ever acting like that to a child.  Why go into teaching if you obviously don't like the children?

wildflower1980
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this
That's what I don't understand. Would they let her continue teaching if they had proof she was molesting kids?! What she is doing is no less damaging! She deliberately destroyed that little boy's sense of security telling him he couldn't see his dad after seeing his mom. It doesn't take any longer to say yes than it does to say no. And to continue to torment him as he asked again in that small, pleading voice- and anyone who thought that was funny should be smacked. Why did it matter if he was more interested in the sculptures than the books at the library? It makes sense to me- when you are looking around at the library that artwork would be more visually stimulating than rows and rows of book spines. For that he was called an awful name? This makes me sick!

I worked with a little boy with autism. Yes, he had behaviors that were trying sometimes- all kids do! But working with him was one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. Watching him go from having to be carried to class screaming and crying to being able to open the door and say "where's M?" and have him come running to me and jump in my arms laughing, seeing him join in with his classmates and "sing" (he was non-verbal) during circle time, and hugging his mom as she cried when she picked up the first drawing he ever made- 4 years later are among my most treasured memories.

I hope Akian gets the justice he deserves!

Quoting auroragold:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

People are just down right hateful :( I worked at a nursing home right out of High School and a lot of the aides were really abusive to the patients. I would say something to them and they would say that they didn't understand. I started reporting them and they would get fired. I'm sure the next one coming in was probably just as nasty though :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)