• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Vacation

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:18 AM
  • 20 Replies
So what are ur plans for summer when ur kids get out of school. We are going to do alot of different things. Camping and taking the kids on a cpl of mini day trips. And were thinking of going to some amusement parks. Picnics and state parks for swimming. And alot of visiting family also. So ladies tell me what ur plans are?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I am going to spend most of my time floating and reading the day away in my pool.  We typically go camping 2-3 times during the summer and also take a vacation, this year we are going to Gettysburg, which is about 4 hours away.

I'll also have to do some PTA work over summer break and have a few meetings with the Principal and the PTA board to prepare for next school year. 

bigmama2004
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:34 AM

We are doing the 100 day challenge. We will do something new each day. Day at the park. Craft time at home. Story Time at the Library. things like that. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM
This will be a strange summer...we usually spend about half of it helping run scout camps.

This year we will send the kids to my in-laws for 2 weeks, one week of sleep away camp and me...????

I've applied for a summer job at one of the Hole in the Wall camps. I have a second interview next week :) its not huge pay, but its a great experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM

The kids each will have a week of Scout camp- day camp for ds2 and dd, and overnight for ds1. Ds1 and dh might be doing a 2nd overnight Scout camp; not sure yet.

We'll go on camping trips. We're trying to decide if we're going to do another big, long one like last yr (2 wks), or just a lot of shorter ones.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM
We're going to Boston and Cape Cod for a week, a few Phillies games. That's all that's definitely planned so far, we'll do day trips too, not sure where yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM

My son doesn't get out of school until June 21st. We are leaving to go camping for a week after he gets out. He will go to summer camp for 10 days in July. I will still have to work during the week so he will stay home until I get home from work. I am sure we will do somethings during the summer. I am not sure what, I am not much of a planner when it comes to day trips and things like that.

hk2kids
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM

We're going to try to do tons of playdates this summer.  We're going to Colorado to visit family for about 10 days so we'll have lots of free time.  Kids are going to two weeks of Girl Scout Day Camp.  They may do a short (5 day?) sleep-over camp.  We joined a health club for the summer that has an out-door wave pool and an in-door pool for crummy days.  We also have a membership to the zoo which has a nice play area.  I don't really care what we do as long as the kids can entertain themselves.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

We live near the ocean and get a beach sticker every year so we'll spend time at the beach. We're going on a cruise to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick in July.  13 year old goes away to camp for 2 weeks in August.   6 year old has swimming lessons 2x/week for part of June and all of July.  I'm taking a week class to  help me move to the next pay column at work.  We'll probably go to Newport, RI for the day.  My son likes the cliffwalk.  We'll go to the zoo, Plimoth Plantation, and just hang out.  I've found some crafts on Pinterest I want to try with my 6 year old.  I can't wait; I love summer vacation!

sunset414
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM

We are going to spend a few days in TN at the Wilderness in The Smokies resort and spending a few weeks in Florida. The rest is up in the air right now. 

gracie0221
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM
We are going to Disneyland with friends and their kids and we might to go to Yosemite to camp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)