Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

being bullied by a girl??

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

who would have thought but last year my 8 yr old had a problem with another boy being just mean and picking on him constantly and it turned into a bullying situation and now this year he is 9 and this mean looking little girl is yelling things at him and turning other kids on him etc....when I asked my son why he is trying to play with girls he said the other boys are playing there too so I said do they follow and he says YES they are afraid of her! WHAT IS with kids today?? Honestly I dont get all this bullying crap!! The problem is my son is raised to never hit and especially a girl so I think this girl is feeling powerful and like she can push him around b/c he wont do anything back!! WHAT DO I DO????

I am a 38 yr old married mom of 4, who HATES Drama, LOVES to raise her own kids, breastfed all 4, in FULL belief of discipline and SPANKING, disposable diapers, DOES vaccinate ALL my kids, and believes kids need rules and to have LOTS of fun!!!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RLSMOM59
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:36 PM

School is almost out so I would suggest having him stay away from the group. Hopefully he can find other things to do with other classmates. If the "girl" comes after him, have him report it - every time. The teacher should get the hint to take action after the third complaint. If not, take it to the administration.

MommyJDTJ
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Talk to the teacher maybe too? See what she/he says?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarlysMommy1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I'm sorry for your son.  This little girl probably finds it easy to bully a lot of the boys because they won't do anything to her.  Sorry I don't have any advice.  All I can say is that little girls can be really mean.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Bullying knows no gender. Take it to the teacher if it is becoming a problem that needs parental or teacher involvement.  I know most schools today even self defense hitting is called violence under the no tolerance policies most schools have. You might have to address it with the teacher.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Quoting Thelmama:

Bullying knows no gender. Take it to the teacher if it is becoming a problem that needs parental or teacher involvement.  I know most schools today even self defense hitting is called violence under the no tolerance policies most schools have. You might have to address it with the teacher.

I completely agree with this.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Quoting Thelmama:

I completely agree

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Quoting Thelmama:

Agree!

A side note....i don't think it matters if girls and boys play together at any age.  I would never ask my daughter "why are you playing with boys?" 

It doesn't matter if the bullying is a boy or a girl....it's still bullying and it needs to be addressed.

LadyStark
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Talk to the teacher right away. My son is a happy go lucky kind of child who gets along with other kids but he was being bullied by a girl as well at the beginning of the school year. My son is one of the youngest in the class as he started school right at the cutoff age. This girl is older and physically bigger and she sat at his table shared by another boy and two more girls who were all younger and intimidated by her. I asked him why no one told her to stop or spoke to the teacher about her and he said they were scared and that he was the only one who told her to stop but she wouldn't. I spoke to the teacher because she was becoming a distraction to him with her taunting and I didn't want this to affect his learning. He was taught not to hit girls at home and at mixed martial arts where he is a yellow belt, but I also wanted him to be able to defend himself as a last resort if he was confronted by a bully physically. No parent can be with their child 24/7 and I wanted him to have a chance at defending himself because he will always be the youngest in his class. Being bullied and teased by a girl was awkward for him. After I spoke to the teacher she said that another child had complained about her as well as a bully and that she would move her from the table. I got a feeling she wasn't supposed to confide that part with me but since she moved her the kids are happier at my son's table group hug

momof3inCT
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:49 PM

THANK YOU!

The girl HITS him with her backpack and yesterdayy THREATENED him with her water bottle so I talked to the teacher she is interviewing kids separately to see if anyone can give her mor info. The teacher says to me I think they just dont gt along............DUH NO SHIT this girl is very agresssive and my son tends to back down to girls but I will not let this go b/c there is only 3 weeks left of school! ITS REDICULOUS I dont send my son to school to get abused he actually asked me if I can homeschool him it BROKE my heart but I if I hae to i will! I really dont want t gothat path I want him to see me standing up fr him at school and it getting rectified! Wish me luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)