Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why would my 7yr old son look up "naked girls" on you tube?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:54 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm so upset that my son 7yr old used his Dad's phone to play game however later his Dad discovered that he had been on YouTube and he was looking at videos of girls in bikinis kissing each other. I share 50/50 custody with my ex so this happened while he was with his Dad. He asked him why was he looking that up and my son keeps on saying he doesn't know. My son never watches any inappropriate movies or cartoons so I'm really worried about where he would get this idea. Why is he thinking this? He's still a little boy, I don't get it. Has anyone had a similar experience, what was the root cause and what did you do. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazytexan
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM
He could have heard about it at school and got curios.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My guess would be that he overheard some older kids talking and was curious.

If you haven't already, this would be a good time to begin talking with him about differences between the sexs and what is appropriate and what isn't appropriate for a boy his age to be doing.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM
This. DS was looking up things on You Tube because one of his BFFs is a boy in our neighborhood who is 2 years older. He now knows he is not allowed on YT without asking first.

Quoting crazytexan:

He could have heard about it at school and got curios.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

curiosity. 

emilysmom8
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Curiosity!
mommy2cristian
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Curiosity & because he's a boy. 

brandi2781
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I am sure he heard it from some boys at school. My kids come home and tell me things that make my jaw drop sometimes and they are 8 and 10! Just explain to him that you shouldn't be looking up/watching things like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Because he had the opportunity. I think most kids that age are curious and will try to see what they can find. I wouldn't be too stressed about it being a sign of big problems. 

I would just be glad he only figured out you tube. 

Mamie_85
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:29 PM
He probably heard something at school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blooize376
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:18 AM
He may have heard it at school but at 7 he is quite capable of having his own feelings and curiosity, my sons 8 and has masturbated for years. Just taught him appropriate places to do and hygiene after. Its normal behavior and curiosity. Technology just makes it easier these days rather then trying to find the girlie mag under the matress days. Don't make a huge deal about it but let him know youtube is off limits, monitor tech stuff but definelty talk to him about sex and sexualitynow so he doesn't go looking for and finding the wrong answers somewhere else
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)