Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

market day?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

experiances with it?  the MD rep has approched out PTO wanting to do ti enxt year, but since we are jsut primary achool< k-1st> idk how it would do, if it would be more trouble than its worth!!!

any and all input is appericiated

momma to three amazing boys! and in love with their amazing daddy! living our untraditional life. dont judge, weve made it this far and it works :)

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vermontmoms
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Market day is a lot of work! If you need fundraiser ideas, here are a few we had great success with:

1) Mixed bags
2) Charleston wraps
3) Joe Corbi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM

nevver heard of any of those. im not activly lookign yet,, we do a lot of spirit nights at local businesses, and then 2 carnivals a year, and t shirt sells... i figure i take over june 1st and have 2 onths to get lots of fundraising ideas. but they need to be LOW work load..

Quoting vermontmoms:

Market day is a lot of work! If you need fundraiser ideas, here are a few we had great success with:

1) Mixed bags
2) Charleston wraps
3) Joe Corbi

momma to three amazing boys! and in love with their amazing daddy! living our untraditional life. dont judge, weve made it this far and it works :)

vermontmoms
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Mixed bags designs is the best low workload but good return; we had tons of success with them.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

nevver heard of any of those. im not activly lookign yet,, we do a lot of spirit nights at local businesses, and then 2 carnivals a year, and t shirt sells... i figure i take over june 1st and have 2 onths to get lots of fundraising ideas. but they need to be LOW work load..

Quoting vermontmoms:

1) Mixed bags

2) Charleston wraps

3) Joe Corbi

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM

can you give me a link? 

Quoting vermontmoms:

Mixed bags designs is the best low workload but good return; we had tons of success with them.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Quoting vermontmoms:

1) Mixed bags

2) Charleston wraps

3) Joe Corbi

vermontmoms
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Mixed Bags Design:
http://fundraiser.mixedbagdesigns.com/

Here is one for Charleston Wrap...it was nice b/c most shipped directly to buyer: http://www.charlestonwrap.com/
Quoting mommaFruFru:

can you give me a link? 

Quoting vermontmoms:

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Quoting vermontmoms:

1) Mixed bags

2) Charleston wraps

3) Joe Corbi

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I was the Market Day chairperson for our school for 5 years and it is less work than a traditional fund raiser, the only difference is that it happens monthly.  I would drop the box of flyers off in the school office to get distributed to the students.  Half way through the month I would do the same with the reminder flyers.  Market Day provided all flyers to me, I just had to get them distributed.  Families place their orders online.  On pick up day (sale day), you arrive at the school to help sort the order by customer and then distribute it to the customers, about 2 hours total.  That is your month in a nutshell and I honestly didn't do anything more than this, so my total monthly investment was 2 hours and a few minutes.

I have the earnings grid somewhere around here.  We typically make 30% because we have about 50 customers and sell between $3,500 and $4,000 worth of food.  The lowest teir is 20%.  Most of the items will provide you with multiple servings, more than 1 meal for sure.  It's not a bad fundraiser at all because parents are buying things that they already need instead of wrapping paper, and other junk that isn't needed.

Cindy18
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I've never been involved with the workload part of it but I love to order from them. I have even actively look for schoos in my area that sell it to get stuff I wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM

ok thanks!!! ill def keep it in mind and bring it up to the princible and other board members. we only do one "junk" fund raiser a year, thank god! they do a walk a thon, read a thon, tshirt sales, 2 carnivals.. and next year im thinking either flowers or a cookbook around mothersday!!!!

pretty much this will be hte schools 3rd year open, and not one pto board has stayed intact the whole year.. so i dont have a lot of documents or help lol

Quoting steelcrazy:

I was the Market Day chairperson for our school for 5 years and it is less work than a traditional fund raiser, the only difference is that it happens monthly.  I would drop the box of flyers off in the school office to get distributed to the students.  Half way through the month I would do the same with the reminder flyers.  Market Day provided all flyers to me, I just had to get them distributed.  Families place their orders online.  On pick up day (sale day), you arrive at the school to help sort the order by customer and then distribute it to the customers, about 2 hours total.  That is your month in a nutshell and I honestly didn't do anything more than this, so my total monthly investment was 2 hours and a few minutes.

I have the earnings grid somewhere around here.  We typically make 30% because we have about 50 customers and sell between $3,500 and $4,000 worth of food.  The lowest teir is 20%.  Most of the items will provide you with multiple servings, more than 1 meal for sure.  It's not a bad fundraiser at all because parents are buying things that they already need instead of wrapping paper, and other junk that isn't needed.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:18 AM

ok thanks! my elm school sold it, but i dont ever remember my mother buying any!!!! i do know about 40-50% of the students are on free /reduced lunch.. so i was worried about price

Quoting Cindy18:

I've never been involved with the workload part of it but I love to order from them. I have even actively look for schoos in my area that sell it to get stuff I wanted.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM
If you decide to do it or have any questions, let me know. I have a lot of experience with it from the school's end of things.

Also like Cindy said, once you get customers most will become long term customers and keep buying even after their kids are no longer in the school.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

ok thanks!!! ill def keep it in mind and bring it up to the princible and other board members. we only do one "junk" fund raiser a year, thank god! they do a walk a thon, read a thon, tshirt sales, 2 carnivals.. and next year im thinking either flowers or a cookbook around mothersday!!!!

pretty much this will be hte schools 3rd year open, and not one pto board has stayed intact the whole year.. so i dont have a lot of documents or help lol

Quoting steelcrazy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)