Prepare for Teacher Appreciation Week -- and Win!
Do your kids love their teachers? Do you think their teachers are awesome and deserve an extra thank you? Well, Teacher Appreciation Week starts on May 7th! VolunteerSpot has some great ideas for different, low-cost (or no-cost!) gifts for teachers such as:
- Choose a day where each child brings in 1 flower to create a beautiful "appreciation bouquet" for their teacher to take home (don't forget to provide a vase!).
- Ask the local paper to donate a portion of a page or a full page to thank the teachers at your kids' school.
- Arrange for a special treat in the teachers' lounge -- maybe a breakfast or lunch or a dessert bar of homemade baked goods.
- Have your kids create thank you cards or signs and post them around the school
- Ask local businesses to donate one free meal, manicure, hair cut, or other service, then give each teacher a ticket and hold a raffle.
Tell us why your kids' teachers are great in the replies and you could win a CafeMom coffee mug!
VolunteerSpot is also running a contest where you can win $500 for YOUR kids' school and Starbucks for you! Check it out here!
The "Teacher Appreciation Week" Sweepstakes starts on April 26, 2012 at 10:52am (ET) and ends on April 29th, 2012 at 11:59pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
Enter by replying to this post with reasons why your kids' teachers are great during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple
entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of
One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible
entries to receive a CafeMom coffee mug. The
random drawing shall occur on or about April 30, 2012.
*No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.