Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Prepare for Teacher Appreciation Week -- and Win!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 18 Replies

Do your kids love their teachers? Do you think their teachers are awesome and deserve an extra thank you? Well, Teacher Appreciation Week starts on May 7th! VolunteerSpot has some great ideas for different, low-cost (or no-cost!) gifts for teachers such as:

• Choose a day where each child brings in 1 flower to create a beautiful "appreciation bouquet" for their teacher to take home (don't forget to provide a vase!).
  • Ask the local paper to donate a portion of a page or a full page to thank the teachers at your kids' school.
  • Arrange for a special treat in the teachers' lounge -- maybe a breakfast or lunch or a dessert bar of homemade baked goods.
  • Have your kids create thank you cards or signs and post them around the school
  • Ask local businesses to donate one free meal, manicure, hair cut, or other service, then give each teacher a ticket and hold a raffle.

Tell us why your kids' teachers are great in the replies and you could win a CafeMom coffee mug!

VolunteerSpot is also running a contest where you can win $500 for YOUR kids' school and Starbucks for you! Check it out here!

teacher

Official Rules

The "Teacher Appreciation Week" Sweepstakes starts on April 26, 2012 at 10:52am (ET) and ends on April 29th, 2012 at 11:59pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").

Enter by replying to this post with reasons why your kids' teachers are great during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.

One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom coffee mug. The random drawing shall occur on or about April 30, 2012.

*No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I'm signing up! My son's school could really use the money, if I win. Thanks, CafeMom!!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Money for them and Starbucks for me, of course I'm in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
margaret1101
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Thank you for sharing. I love VolunteerSpot.com and Starbucks. As a room mom, I use VolunteerSpot all the time to schedule class parties, math helpers, field trip volunteers ...
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM
You should see how much I have to use it, but that is part of the job if PTA President. I feel like I am constantly rounding up volunteers for one thing or another.

Quoting margaret1101:

Thank you for sharing. I love VolunteerSpot.com and Starbucks. As a room mom, I use VolunteerSpot all the time to schedule class parties, math helpers, field trip volunteers ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:51 PM

My PTO is supplying lunch and desserts in the teacher's lounge for the entire school staff. My dd is giving her teacher and her aide a pretty ribbon bookmark I found at Pier 1.

Check out my group: P.T.O. Officers

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pto

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Our PTC is doing something every day for the teachers. Monday is decorating the classroom doors with posters with quotes from the kids about what they like about the teacher. Balloons, too, I think. Tuesday we are supplying breakfast for the teachers, Wednesday is massages from a spa, Thursday we are providing lunch, and Friday is an assembly to present gift baskets to the teachers (which hopefully will include a lot of supplies, giftcards, etc., donated by their class). Teachers were asked to send in a pic of themselves in the grade they teach, so the kids will have fun guessing who is who. There will also be a big banner hung in the hallway, donated by a family.

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:59 PM

My son's teacher is great because of her level of patience. She has 26 first graders to deal with all day. I've volunteered in the classroom a lot and some days, with just a glimpse of what I see, I wonder how she deals with all those kids! (plus her own two first graders and kindergartner at home!)

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM
My 9 yr old dd's teacher is great. He helped push for learning disability testing. I have been trying to get it done for 2 yrs. he helped alot. My only regret is with her new IEP she now has a different teacher that has the inclusion teacher with her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steph21078
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM

My boys are making their teachers a bracelet.  I have liked all of their teachers. They have all been great, it seems up until middle school.  Ds#2's teacher this year took time on a Saturday afternoon, paid $10 to come and watch him in his drama groups musical.  She even brought him a box of poptarts as a gift.  This is her first year teaching, and that day really meant something for my son. 

dstoutholcomb
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM

1st grade teacher very encouraging to the class

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)