Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Prepare for Teacher Appreciation Week -- and Win!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do your kids love their teachers? Do you think their teachers are awesome and deserve an extra thank you? Well, Teacher Appreciation Week starts on May 7th! VolunteerSpot has some great ideas for different, low-cost (or no-cost!) gifts for teachers such as:

• Choose a day where each child brings in 1 flower to create a beautiful "appreciation bouquet" for their teacher to take home (don't forget to provide a vase!).
  • Ask the local paper to donate a portion of a page or a full page to thank the teachers at your kids' school.
  • Arrange for a special treat in the teachers' lounge -- maybe a breakfast or lunch or a dessert bar of homemade baked goods.
  • Have your kids create thank you cards or signs and post them around the school
  • Ask local businesses to donate one free meal, manicure, hair cut, or other service, then give each teacher a ticket and hold a raffle.

Tell us why your kids' teachers are great in the replies and you could win a CafeMom coffee mug!

VolunteerSpot is also running a contest where you can win $500 for YOUR kids' school and Starbucks for you! Check it out here!

teacher

Official Rules

The "Teacher Appreciation Week" Sweepstakes starts on April 26, 2012 at 10:52am (ET) and ends on April 29th, 2012 at 11:59pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").

Enter by replying to this post with reasons why your kids' teachers are great during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.

One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom coffee mug. The random drawing shall occur on or about April 30, 2012.

*No Purchase Necessary. Open to US residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Replies (11-18):
jerylt
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM

My daughter's teachers are great because my daughter loves them and loves school.

yo_ho
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I did this for my son's kinder teacher last year. I altered it for one teacher rather than from the PTA. She loved it!

http://schoolpals.net/the_candy_poem.asp

She said that my DS kept getting upset that the candy was disappearing though, so she had to open it and stick the wrapper back up.

endurablemist
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:43 AM

I liked everyone of my daughter's teachers, but her teacher this year is my favorite. She is having DD tested for the gifted program. She is not fresh out of school and still shows a ton of excitement for teaching. And a true love for her students.

auroragold
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:06 AM

kewl

johnny4ever
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:10 AM

Our pto is supplying lunch for all teachers...my son & I are making a few Pinterest gifts  for his 4 teachers.

amybuddy45
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM
My kids teachers are great...this year it will be different since my oldest has a male teacher...love getting ideas!
Janet
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM
She is wonderful! She takes one on one time with my DGS every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:50 AM

at the school I work it...it isn't just teacher appreciation week..it is the full staff appreciation week right down to the ladies in the cafe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN