Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do You Clean, Organize, and Deal with Clutter?

Posted by   + Show Post

Please share your favorite tips on how you clean, organize, & deal with clutter in your home. Thanks!

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Replies (21-23):
Morrigan333
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I'll have tpo post pics when I'm done "cleaning it". I'd be too embaraased to post pics BEFORE the clean.  I think I have things fairly organized..it's HER that doesn'y seem to WANT to TAKE THE TIME to put the stuff back that SHE uses!!

Quoting MeggieLee22:

Quoting Morrigan333:

My dd 11, also has ADHD and her favorite place to put ANYTHING she's used..semms to be whereever she last used it.  in other words..the floor right where's at. Drives me crazy! How I'm about to deal with this is..this....large contractor bag, open bag, insert all her belongings, take bag out front put note on bag..FREE kids' stuff ..Take it ALL! LOL  But seriously..this really will happen soon!

Jillian used to 'hide' her toys for the longest time.  She would take all the little accessories and stuff them inside of socks or doll clothes and then shove them under her bed...fun times when I would clean out the dirty laundry and feel a bunch of lumps inside her socks.  Thank goodness that phase is over.

I've tried so many different things to get her to keep her room clean....one big toy box so she doesn't have to think about organizing, just throw it in....little containers for her 'special' toys that she uses a lot or little things....none of it will stick, if you find something that works let me know!

sparkina13
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Bump!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
pregnancy
MommaLehr
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I am soo disorganized, and DH is a neat freak. I have gotten much better in the 9 years we have been together, but it's honestly a daily struggle for me. Our kids are 8, 6, and 4. I joke that if he wants the house to look like a BH & G article, he will have to wait at least 14 years!!

I like to time myself and beat yesterdays time, my record is 20 minutes to clean the kitchen, lol.

Two loads of laundry a day, sweep every day, Tuesday is the girls bedding, Thurs is DS bedding and Sat is ours. Before I go to bed for the night, I do a general "sweep" of the common areas. Toys get chucked in the playroom, socks get tossed in the hamper, pillows get straightened, garbage gets collected and put in the bin, laundry baskets are put in whomevers room it belongs.

While the kids are playing, I organize the toys that they aren't using. Before long, I have a small grocery bag of garbage that's been "put away" lol and another bag of unused accessories (I use the Tupperware from hillcrest farms to sort theBarbie shoes from Legos, Etc)

All this and I STILL can't shake the clutter!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)