Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Pink hair for the summer? PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM
  • 24 Replies

My dd will be 10 in eleven days. We have never colored her hair or used any kind of harsh products on her. She wants to have pink hair for the summer since they cant have it in school. Any suggestions on what would be the safest process? Also, something that would slowly wash out would be great.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:06 PM

PInk Manic Panic... It washes out a little at a time.. DH had purple for a month before it washed completely.. 

CrazedMomof2
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I took my DD to the salon last summer and no one would touch her head with color with a 10ft pole. We wanted to put pink streaks in her very blonde hair. One told me we would have to bleach it for it to stay in and I am not okay with that..........

I bought some stuff at a beauty place but it didnt stick. We ended up just buying pin in streaks and she thought that was just as cool.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM

It has conditioners in it that are good for the hair...

housemommyto2
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Where can I buy that?

Quoting steffielou_who:

PInk Manic Panic... It washes out a little at a time.. DH had purple for a month before it washed completely.. 

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Btw, you don't have to bleach for it to stay in... Manic panic, you wipe on, leave on for a little while and then rinse out and the hair is colored... 

I have used it on my dark hair.. I used purple and it was gorgeous..

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM

If you have a Sally's beauty supply, check there.. Or any sort of beauty shop.. YOu can also order it online.. Check amazon!

Quoting housemommyto2:

Where can I buy that?

Quoting steffielou_who:

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM
I heard on the tv the other day people using chalk in their hair... it obviously washes out after one use though.... but that's the least permanent way to go that I know of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Manic Panic is really good. Or you can go with Splat, which you can buy at wal mart. Manic Panic can be found at Sallys Beauty Supply or online.

soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a big fan of dying my children's hair.

family in the van   Mom of four

housemommyto2
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Quoting steffielou_who:

Btw, you don't have to bleach for it to stay in... Manic panic, you wipe on, leave on for a little while and then rinse out and the hair is colored... 

I have used it on my dark hair.. I used purple and it was gorgeous..

Wow, purple! My 6 year old would love that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)