Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Pink hair for the summer? PIOG

Posted by   + Show Post

My dd will be 10 in eleven days. We have never colored her hair or used any kind of harsh products on her. She wants to have pink hair for the summer since they cant have it in school. Any suggestions on what would be the safest process? Also, something that would slowly wash out would be great.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Replies (21-24):
ClassyMom619
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

May sound weird but my 12 year old dyed her hair with kool aid and so far it's bright fushia for a month already.

insanemomof4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM
I to heard the same thing on tv the other day. And i also have a 10 yr old daughter who will be 11 in Aug. She has asked to have pink streaks in her hair. And im not into letting her get her hair colored so when i saw the thing about the chalk i thought that would be the way +o go. So thats what were gonna try.

Quoting jen113000:

I heard on the tv the other day people using chalk in their hair... it obviously washes out after one use though.... but that's the least permanent way to go that I know of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
insanemomof4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I to heard the same thing on tv the other day. And i also have a 10 yr old daughter who will be 11 in Aug. She has asked to have pink streaks in her hair. And im not into letting her get her hair colored so when i saw the thing about the chalk i thought that would be the way +o go. So thats what were gonna try.

Quoting jen113000:

I heard on the tv the other day people using chalk in their hair... it obviously washes out after one use though.... but that's the least permanent way to go that I know of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:33 AM
A few months ago dd got a few blue streaks in her hair, she is 7......only cost 20.00 and faded out in like 3 weeks....walmart/rite aid sell a product called splat washables, it does wash right out... They have red, blue,pink, purple...Was only 7.00
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)