Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
My son turned five in January therefore can start school in august. I am feeling that he is not ready for school yet he is very smart but still emotionally not there yet I think I should wait till next year. Have any of u started Ur kids at 6 instead of five?
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Replies (111-114):
Glowing4Caleb
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I am going to HAVE to start my son at (almost 6 years old). He turns 5 October 5, and the cutoff is September 1. I feel he is ready educational wish, but socially, I think the wait will be good for him. I dont think it is a bad thing to hold a child back before starting Kindergarten.

superwoman8977
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I wont start my kids at age 5.  I did with the 1st one and never again, I would rather have my kids be 6 almost 7 before I let them start school.

calusari
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM

My son will be 5 in August, and initially we had intended on him starting kindergarten next year...but he's just not emotionally mature enough (he throws fits and screams when he doesn't get his way). Believe me, I was looking forward to him starting school, but I wouldn't pawn off his temper tantrums on a kindergarten teacher! He is getting better, and I think that if we wait a year, he will have the opportunity to learn how to handle himself better.

r_trent
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

after talking with a kindergarten teacher and hearing her point of view I really think that sending them and being held back a year and repeating kindergarten at 6 would be better than waiting and sending them a year late and them possibly having to repeat kindergarten at 7.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)