Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Gee thanks for telling me my kid was getting an award!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:42 PM
  • 31 Replies

So after school my mom called me & said the teacher told her she'd meant to tell her he was getting an award.  Say what????  My mom said he got a certificate because he tried to show it to her.   When he came home he showed me a wristband but didn't say anything about an award only that a lady gave it to him.  Huh.  He told me that when he got the certificate in the cafeteria he was looking around & at the chairs for me and his dad but didn't see us. :(  That's because we didn't know!

Now my son was out of school on Wednesday which is when the notice is usually sent home & he was out Thursday.  BUT my foster sister was there helping out in class on Wednesday & my mom saw the teacher after school yesterday.  She actually talked to her!  Apparently the teacher thought it was more important to give her his homework & not include the award info along with it.  And this morning when DB dropped him off at class & said something to her she still didn't mention it.  Here we were at home & 15 minutes after dropping him off at school he was getting an award.  ;(

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Aw, that's too bad. :(

MommyJDTJ
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

that must feel really crappy. i'm sorry. I would be so upset if it were me.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:21 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MB13
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Sorry you missed it!

Clubpenguin
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM
That's terrible.
SlightlyPerfect
Just imagine how much people could accomplish after they accept that there is no god. No god to blame. No god to thank. No god to praise. No god to grant or deny requests. No predetermined plan. Just imagine the possibilities that would come with that one realization that people have to take ownership of themselves, their choices, and their moral obligations.
Yesterday at 10:57 AM
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM

OMG, babe. :( I'm so sorry.

slightlyperfect

mommy2cristian
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

OMG, babe. :( I'm so sorry.

yeah.  it's just another thing in a long list with this school.  i can't even say anything because it wouldn't be nice!

mommy2cristian
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Quoting MommyJDTJ:

that must feel really crappy. i'm sorry. I would be so upset if it were me.

yeah.  all i could think was that right now i'm a sahm mom & can go to this stuff.  what happens if i get a job & can't be there?  :(

Mommynay2
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Sorry about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gem_mommie
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
That's pretty crappy. I'd definitely tell his teacher how I felt about it too, and Id be honest with him and tell him you wouldn't have missed it if you had known. :/ that sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)