Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Gee thanks for telling me my kid was getting an award!

So after school my mom called me & said the teacher told her she'd meant to tell her he was getting an award.  Say what????  My mom said he got a certificate because he tried to show it to her.   When he came home he showed me a wristband but didn't say anything about an award only that a lady gave it to him.  Huh.  He told me that when he got the certificate in the cafeteria he was looking around & at the chairs for me and his dad but didn't see us. :(  That's because we didn't know!

Now my son was out of school on Wednesday which is when the notice is usually sent home & he was out Thursday.  BUT my foster sister was there helping out in class on Wednesday & my mom saw the teacher after school yesterday.  She actually talked to her!  Apparently the teacher thought it was more important to give her his homework & not include the award info along with it.  And this morning when DB dropped him off at class & said something to her she still didn't mention it.  Here we were at home & 15 minutes after dropping him off at school he was getting an award.  ;(

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Replies (31-31):
mommy2cristian
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting mommy2cristian:

Who knows. I would just be happy my kid got an award. I don't dissect every little thing that goes on. I do know, however, that once I am annoyed/don't like someone I can find fault with pretty much everything they do. There year is almost over. It sounds like from your posts that you maybe need to find a school that better suits your expectations. Good luck!

I know.  And I don't dissect everything & don't find fault with everything but then again you might think so since you're a teacher.  I don't deal with everyone else's kids.  I won't hold a teacher to a higher regard just because she's a teacher.  She's busy & going to overlook things so more often than not the teacher is wrong because she has no clue.  Anyway, all I know is I appreciated it when my mom was there for something I was recognized for & I want to give that same feeling to my kids.  I'm happy he got the award but as his mother I feel bad that he was sad or disappointed I wasn't there.  The whole purpose of being told is so parents & family can celebrate the recognition.  No matter how small the award it's a big deal everytime.  Either way I'm looking into other options.  Thanks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN