Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh golly gosh!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 8 year old has social anxiety.I sign him up for summer camps which are free and he wont attend.He needs to learn to swim.So I am gonna try a smaller pool and smaller community not far from us.I just talked to his counselor and they are concerned so they are gonna test him to see if his anxiety has gotten better or not.He also has 4 friends he plays with frequently.I had society anxiety when I was younger also.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mrgetinold
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I still have social anxiety, so i feel your pain! But my kids are total opposite of my thank god, here our rec center does one on one swim lessons with a instructor maybe there is some place like that around u and have him meet before the lessons start or what about a high school swim member the kids need communtity service for college apps so its win win, u say he has four friends my mom aalways said u just need one so he is doing much better then i did, what is he into legos, video games etc make that work for u, lego they do a engineering program, video games our reccenter has groups that go and compete at them good luck with a momma like u thats cares so much about her son he hasa great cheering section for him hugs
johnny4ever
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Thank you!!I am going to call our local ymca.He likes his wii.Hiking.Football.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Some cities have hiking groups/clubs. Maybe that's something you could do as a family, or w/ his friends, if there's one near you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)