Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

crafty mommas need to respond please!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
Ok moms my 5th grader( yes soon i will have a middle schooler and wont be annoying u anymore) weeping here, my sons school does a celebration of learning where the kids do a play or show a project they have worked on, well his class is doing colonial ppl and their jobs mine got leather maker on google images theres a nice photo of a guy with a apron ( soaking a white one intea to make it look leathery) white shirt and colored vest, but u cany see his pants ( i have boots) but iam at a loss on the bottoms? The girl he is paired with mom is a sewing momma and a wizard at whipping up gorgous costumes and id like my son to look like a proud leather maker that night too, any ideas for me? Many thanks to u all hugs
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

When ds2 had to dress up as a boy from the Civil War era, I just had him in some simple navy blue uniform pants.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know. I would just do khakis I think. 

good luck!

RLSMOM59
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have an old pair of his dad's pants that can be cut? If so, use the cut pieces to make the trim around the leg. Then he can wear the long socks (the one up to his knees). If you cannot sew, get a high schooler taking sewing class to do it for you. Sign off for volunteer time for the student, if needed.

Cara5
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Id go to the thrift store and find the darkest wash of khaki pants you can get a hold of and cut them off between the ankle and knee. 

ahicks1108
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Khaki cargo pants? Or maybe some coveralls?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN