Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kitchen Talk April 29th

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:19 AM
  • 15 Replies

What is the most expensive meal you ever had at restaurant?

Was it worth the money?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chymerra
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Filet mignon.  And yes it was.

momof754
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I need to think about this for a few minutes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:41 AM

IDK, it hasn't been anything recently.  lol  I know that my dad and I have had some expensive seafood dishes back when I was a teen, I wasn't paying then so I have no idea.  I've had some expensive steaks too, but I honestly didn't think that they were worth the price and our beef (from the cows on the family farm) is so much better.

Strega
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I really can't remember. I typically avoid expensive things at Restaurants--they're never worth the money.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:26 AM
My boss used totake me out one a year at review time or for promotions...has to be The Palms...killed steak..everything was ala carte, and just the 2 of us was over $100..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM
No idea. I don't really order expensive things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I don't know. 

I've eaten at here:

And I know it's pretty expensive. For me, it really wasn't worth it because I don't eat steak. 

I've eaten at some very nice plaves in NYC. I don't remember what any of them were called. Those were worth it though. 

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:50 AM

It was either steak or prime rib w/ a baked potato, and probably a salad, at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. It was in '97 for our 1st anniversary. Can't remember how much it was, just that it was expensive and sooo worth it!

chinosruca
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM
??? Not sure. I had steak & lobster at the Charthouse....probably expensive, but I did not pay for it so I don't know how much.

The most expensive restaraunt I eat at is Shokudo. It is a wonderful Japanese restaraunt on Kapiolani Blvd in the Honolulu/Ala Moana area. It is worth every penny. It is delicious & the serving size is very generous. I go for my birthday every year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:58 PM
This is one of those times I am gonna have to think for bit. We always try new places when out traveling. Some cheap and some NOT so cheap. And the times before kids we never loooked at prices when out eating. So I shall return to answer later this evening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN