Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

No school till thursday

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

ds has been sick all weekend bad headaches,neck pain, stomach pain, throat hurts, high fever, not eating just laying around not wanting to do anything. He didn't go to school today due to the high fever. so i took him to the er since no drs in town will take any new patients he has strep throat and a ear infection the dr says he cant go back till Thursday. the er dr told me not the follow the dosing on the tylenol/motrin box cuz its wrong he told me to more than the box says for his weight. and he has an eye appt tomorrow for new glasses and so not looking forward to taking a sick child on the city bus for 4 hrs.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
chinosruca
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I would reschedule the appointment. That is unfair to him & all the people he will be exposed to, especially the eye doctor/nurse who will be in close contact with him.

I hope he gets better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauraand3kids
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I hope he feels better soon! Definitely reschedule the eye appointment.
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Why in the world are you even considering taking him to the eye doctor? Reschedule! I wouldn't want to be on a bus with him.
Hope he feels better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Aww poor kid. It sucks when they get sick. I have never heard of a doctor saying the dose was wrong and to give him more though. That seems a little odd. How high is his fever? I have always been told if it is high to alternate every 2 hours between motrin and tylenol, but never to give a higher dose. Oh and I would definately not go to the eye appointment. Strep is very contagious and you dont want to get more people sick if it can be helped. Also I am sure that would just make your son feel more miserable. I know if I didnt feel well I would want to be at home snuggled up in my bed or on the couch!

kcook55
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I'm rescheduleing im going to have my mom watch him cuz dd has an eye appt too but im still taking her shes not sick at all. his temp has been between 101.8 after motrin to 103

soymujer
by Mikki on May. 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM

He is contagious and he shouldn't be out and about, that's why the dr told you no school till Thursday.  You should reschedule the appointment.

family in the van   Mom of four

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 1, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I hope he starts to feel better soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN