Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
I am just curious, does anyone else have to pay for full day kinder? I live in Arizona and all the schools I have looked into are charging 150 to 250 for full day kinder, half day is free but I see more benefits from full day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
Kris_PBG
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Our full day K is free and all the have is the full day model here.

Chymerra
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Full day is free here.  The next city over, if you want to go full day, its $400 a month.

endurablemist
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:07 AM

It's free here. Actually they just changed it, starting next year Kindergarten is only full day, half day will no longer be offered.

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 1, 2012 at 7:09 AM
We only have the option of a half day so that's all my son does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tara922c
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:09 AM

I live in TX. Every school district that I know of has full day kindergarten, and it has been that way for a long time. All districts offer half-day preschool for low income, milatary, and non-English speaking families, but Kinder is provided (and encouraged) for all children.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM

It is free in the public schools here...we pay an arm and a leg, but ours go to private school. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Our town's full day K is $4000/year.  The next town over is free since it only has full day and they had 20 intertown school choice slots open in September.  Hmmm....my town or the town next to us (which, because of where the full day K's are in our town, is closer to us)?  We went with the town next to us.  DH and my neighbor carpool.  If Jess had gone to the full day k, I would have had to pay $5000 for the before/after school care since I have to be at work when her school started and ended.  In all, we saved $9000 this year.

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM

We will pay $1500 in tuition for full day kindergarten next year since our school received a federal grant for exceeding school standards.  They decided to apply the grant to the cost of full day kindergarten.  Most schools in our area charge $2500 - $3500 for full day indergarten.

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Here it depends on the school and the district. I don't know what the fee is for our area as my kids go to private school (which is way more than $400 month per child.)

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Yes, but that is because my son goes to private school. I am not sure how the public schools do here in Indiana. I think they have limited space for full-day and if the kid does not qualify, then the parents have to pay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)