Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
I am just curious, does anyone else have to pay for full day kinder? I live in Arizona and all the schools I have looked into are charging 150 to 250 for full day kinder, half day is free but I see more benefits from full day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Replies (71-80):
Cherish77
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:38 AM
This

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

They don't have the option of full day here

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HairClipQueen
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I live in Quebec Canada.  We pay for our girls to go to English school, which is taught bi-lingual.  Hubby and I pay 170.00 for DD2 going to grade 2 and 190.00 for DD3, going to kindy in sept.  plus we have to buy a list of supplies, and both are in uniform colors. swimming lessons are included in the school fees.

CampbellMama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Here in TX Kindergarten in the public school is free....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM

St Vrain Valley in Longmont- I thought one of my co-workers said they had to pay. (?) I'm glad I am passed worrying about kindergarten! lol

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

Not where we just moved from. We had to pay for pre k if they stayed all day (morning was free, if they stayed all day it was $12) it was $192 if my dd stayed all day everyday

Quoting happinessforyou:

Colorado- and I do believe parents have to pay for K.

CowgirlMama0508
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Lol we moved from down by salida. So idk about anywhere else

Quoting happinessforyou:

St Vrain Valley in Longmont- I thought one of my co-workers said they had to pay. (?) I'm glad I am passed worrying about kindergarten! lol

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

Not where we just moved from. We had to pay for pre k if they stayed all day (morning was free, if they stayed all day it was $12) it was $192 if my dd stayed all day everyday

Quoting happinessforyou:

Colorado- and I do believe parents have to pay for K.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShandellsBaby
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM

its free here

mrgetinold
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM
We pay for full day kindegarten the one fifty to two fifty sounds likea bargin here we pay 375 a month if u can get your kid a spot and not wind up on a wait list
housemommyto2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM

We live in a small town in Texas and the kids start here at age 3 by Sept. 1st.  They go to Pre-k 3 and then Pre-k 4 both half days unless the child is delayed. It is free. Then they go to Kinder at age 5 by Sept. 1st. It is also free and full day.

They learn to read the level 1 and 2 books found at the library. Also they can do simple math with numbers under 100. and count by 2, 5 and 10. My dd also learned mutiplication facts for the numbers 1, 2 and 5. 

Her school day includes gym, music, art, computers and recess as well as all academics. She is there from 7:30 am till 3:15 pm.

ashleysmommy123
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM

My school district had this up until the year my daughter actually went to kinder.  Unfortunately they didn't announce it until March of that year.  I was so against sending my to a half day program that I looked into a private school closer to my business.  I ended up sending her there because if she went to public in my town, half day or not, i would have had to pay more money to send her to daycare for before and after school care.

mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM
here in Ohio it depends on your district and what they offer- where my kids go, all they have is full day. but in most other districts around, they only have half, but advertise a "supplemental" kindergarten (day care essentially I think) for the afternoon- which is paid for. it really means that they only get state money for your child to be there a half day, if you want the rest of the day you pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN