Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I hate the staff at my son's school

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hi teacher is great, and so is his speech pathologist.

BUT the carpool lady (im sure she is a teacher or something) is such a pain in the butt! She is very rude and impatient. Clearly it takes small children a little bit longer than older kids to get out of the car but if you are in the carpool lane more than 30 seconds she yells...This morning she yelled at my child and I got pissed and yes we had a little shouting match in the parking lot. I know its ridiculous but theres only so much of this lady I can take.

Also, my son goes to the after school program everyday. I make my payments for the month online and they keep billing me for weeks that I have already paid for. When I point this out to them I get nothing but attitudes. Its soo frustrating to have to go to my email and print receipts and give it to them a SECOND time. Oh yea the carpool also works for the after school program.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Most after school program staff are not part of the school staff. If you are holding up the line, then you need to work with your kids on being more efficient or don't use the dropoff lane. As for the tuition payment problems, instead of paying on line take it to them directly.
imabitweird
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I don't hold up the line...her expectations are unreal. I will continue to use the carpool lane. Also I shouldn't have to inconvenience myself just because they cant keep up with their books.

Quoting mjande4:

Most after school program staff are not part of the school staff. If you are holding up the line, then you need to work with your kids on being more efficient or don't use the dropoff lane. As for the tuition payment problems, instead of paying on line take it to them directly.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM

eye rollingDon't you love how the world has to revolve around some people?

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I've gotten a few bad vibes from school staff on many occasions.  Some people are just grumpy all the time, sometimes someone's having a bad day, and sometimes it's me starting the negative vibes w/o realizing it.  I've also noticed that if I mention we're late, or can't show up for whatever, or didn't get homework done b/c we were busy (or whatever), I get comments like, 'yeah try taking care of 30 or 300 kids'...uh.  I do hate it when someone's holding up the carpool lane, or when you hear about someone complaining about the same thing over & over again (like your billing issues)...you're right that you shouldn't have to inconvenience yourself b/c of them dropping the ball...but you're being even more inconvenienced than you would have if you personally brought them the payment-with a smile & gritted teeth ofcourse :)

imabitweird
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Was this directed towards me or the carpool lady?

Quoting steelcrazy:

eye rollingDon't you love how the world has to revolve around some people?

imabitweird
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I might consider making payments in person next year, I just paid for the rest of the year last week.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

I've gotten a few bad vibes from school staff on many occasions.  Some people are just grumpy all the time, sometimes someone's having a bad day, and sometimes it's me starting the negative vibes w/o realizing it.  I've also noticed that if I mention we're late, or can't show up for whatever, or didn't get homework done b/c we were busy (or whatever), I get comments like, 'yeah try taking care of 30 or 300 kids'...uh.  I do hate it when someone's holding up the carpool lane, or when you hear about someone complaining about the same thing over & over again (like your billing issues)...you're right that you shouldn't have to inconvenience yourself b/c of them dropping the ball...but you're being even more inconvenienced than you would have if you personally brought them the payment-with a smile & gritted teeth ofcourse :)

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a not very nice carpool lady. I think she's a reading teacher. She went on DS's field trip and DH said she is just a miserable lady.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MB13
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM

When I was dropping my kids at school, I would pull in the line, have my kids unbuckle and grab their stuff so they were ready to jump when we got to the designated drop spot!  It always irritated me when I saw parents pull up, get out of the car, pop the trunk to grab back packs, hug and kiss goodbye, etc. all while 100 cars are waiting in line!!!!!!

Threes.Company
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

As far as the payment thing goes, if you are seeing that this is a repeated problem, I would just bring in a receipt every time you make a payment online.  Don't wait for them to double bill you.  Just make your payment, print out a receipt, and hand it to them next time... and tell them you just wanted to give them confirmation that your online payment was made.  Maybe they'll get the hint? 

I'm not sure what to say about the carpool lady.  I know those carpool lane situations get pretty stressful and heated.  I'd just make sure you are doing everything you can to be sure your child is ready to literally remove the seat belt and jump on out of the car.  They shouldn't be fidgeting with bags or looking for lost items (not saying your child is, just a general comment).  My daughter is almost 5 and she is able to get out of her car seat and out of the car, backpack in hand, in probably 10-15 seconds for preschool.  We just make sure she's 100% ready to go when we get into the car so that when I get there, she doesn't need to do anything but get out.  I am sure the carpool lady is probably feeling the heat from her superiors as well.  If parents are complaining that the carpool lane is taking too long and kids are ending up late for school, guess who is going to take the blame...  she is.  I am sure that is a stressful position to be in.  If she lets every younger child take twice as long to get out of the car, it'll hold up the whole line, you know?

imabitweird
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I do this as well...I make sure he has his backpack on and he is ready to jump out the car as soon as I pull up, and I also hate when cars hold up the carpool lane.

Quoting MB13:

When I was dropping my kids at school, I would pull in the line, have my kids unbuckle and grab their stuff so they were ready to jump when we got to the designated drop spot!  It always irritated me when I saw parents pull up, get out of the car, pop the trunk to grab back packs, hug and kiss goodbye, etc. all while 100 cars are waiting in line!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)