Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

stranger danger

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM
  • 6 Replies
My dss 6 would gladly go with any axe murderer anytime for any reason. How do i make him afraid. I talk to him all the time, but he will talk with anyone and agree to anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
heathercm26
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM
What would i set up? A fake kidnapping?

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Siannashell
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Cruel as it sounds you might old setup a fake incident. I've never personally tried it but I watched a sagment on 20/20 about parents who set up fake incidents and then they did an interview with the kids after. I believe it worked.
Siannashell
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Well the thing I watched was an actor with an ice cream truck inviting the kids in for a free cone to see if the kids go in. And when they do the get there come and he shows them around all the cool stuff. At the end the parents talk to the children about how easy it would have been for him to drive off with them and stuff. I honestly think its worth a try. Just show him a situation were something could happen.
heathercm26
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Oh we have been THERE. A man who i know was at the park waiting for the wife and kids. Dss went right up to ask why he didnt have a kid with since we were the only ones there. He asked for a pop and damn near climbed right in the car with the guy. Poor man realized he was looking like a kid snatcher and yelled over to me that he didnt want to look like a weirdo. My dss had never seen him before.
The wife came a few minutes later with the kiddos.

I scolded dss. Explained what could have happened and he didnt even worry about it. Just nodded his head and said yeah over and over again. Ugh

Quoting Siannashell:

Well the thing I watched was an actor with an ice cream truck inviting the kids in for a free cone to see if the kids go in. And when they do the get there come and he shows them around all the cool stuff. At the end the parents talk to the children about how easy it would have been for him to drive off with them and stuff. I honestly think its worth a try. Just show him a situation were something could happen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Siannashell
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM
WOW. I really don't know then. Have you tried getting children books about the subject from the library or magazine or something? :/
Quoting heathercm26:

heathercm26
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM
No i haven't. Thats not a bad idea. Ill try it.

Quoting Siannashell:

WOW. I really don't know then. Have you tried getting children books about the subject from the library or magazine or something? :/

Quoting heathercm26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)