Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He ripped her a new one...

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:32 AM
  • 8 Replies
Today my nefew had his kindergarten screening. They decided he needs to attend young 5's for a year before kindergarten. When my sister in law told her husband he flipped out on her in front of everyone. Pretty much saying its all her fault and that she's a horrible mom.
They say he is not ready socially. She's a stay at home mom and he just doesn't have that much experience being around other kids. We really thought he'd come out of his shell since we moved to town. Him and my dd are best friends. He's really opened up. But now that I think about it, he is a little clingy towards dd.
I don't think there's anything wrong with having to go to young 5's first. I just feel bad for her cuz her husband its such a f├╝cking asshole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
m0m23b0ys458
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:36 AM
2 moms liked this
What an idiot!God help DH if he treated me like that in public!Or anywhere else either,but especially in public!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:40 AM
My. Cousin is a year and a half older than me and she was held back in kindergarten due to lack of social skills. She is from a prominent family It wasn't anyone's fault she wasnt ready. Sorry your friends dh is blaming her. Some kids just don't learn at the pace ( socially or educational wise) that society says they should
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatislife
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Yes.  He really is.  I was happy when I found out my son was going to young 5's.  He has a late fall birthday and everything I have read says it is ALWAYS better to wait a year.  He is 7 now and one of the most advanced students socially and academically!  Sounds like these people need marriage counseling and the Dad needs some better basic education.  She should just tell him since he's a guy I guess it is his fault that he hasn't done enough guy stuff with the kid and see how he likes that.  What an azz.

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Even if he was in preschool before K doesn't mean he would be more socially mature and entering K. She shouldn't take it personally. It is his personality. He will be better off in the long run. My dd missed the cutoff and was in Jr 5s. Now in 3rd grade she is at the top of her class.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 2, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Even if he was in preschool before K doesn't mean he would be more socially mature and entering K. She shouldn't take it personally. It is his personality. He will be better off in the long run. My dd missed the cutoff and was in Jr 5s. Now in 3rd grade she is at the top of her class.

I agree. My son is very social, and he went to daycare that included a preschool program---Yet, he still had maturity issues in kindergarten. It happens. There's nothing wrong with that.

URHonor
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM

i don't know any MATURE 5 yr olds.

MyIslandGirls
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Is young 5's like junior kindergarten or something?

I think it just depends on the kids too. Some kids are easy and outgoing.. others are shy and withdrawn.  Maybe they can work on him, get him out around other children, playgroups and such and then have him reevaluated.

Cindy18
by Cruella on May. 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM
I feel sorry for your cousin. Her husband is a d!%$.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)