Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Field Trips

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM
  • 12 Replies
I don't post often like I answer. I don't ever get to go on field trips with my daughter because I work fulltime.
Today I actually got to go. We have a muesum here called Trails & Rails & they do a Pioneer Days thing for the 4th grade. I helped with the activity of kids sewing marble bags. It was. So much fun going I just had to say I had a ball.
Do you ever get to go on field trips with your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM
We homeschool, so I go on all of them..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I try to once a year! I also work full time and it is hard to get away!

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a neat trip- glad you got to go!

I can usually go since I'm a sahm and dd is in school. I went w/ dd's class on a field trip yesterday, actually, to a small local dairy farm. I haven't heard back from ds2's teacher yet, but I volunteered to go on his class's trip to a local park in about 3 wks.

Ds1's teachers don't really ask for chaperones anymore now that he's in 7th gr, but I went on most of his field trips, too. The last one was last yr when his science teacher just wanted extra adults to make sure the kids didn't fall into, or push each other into, the river they were doing water tests on : )

LadyBear1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I try to but this year I haven't. 

Cara5
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I go whenever I can, which is almost all of them. I love it! 

andrea96
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I went to the zoo last year. This year, they are very limited on space, so the teacher picked a chaperone. Other parents can go to part of the field trip, but not the movie portion of it.

SP_Mama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I'm hoping to next year, but this year I didn't have anyone to watch DS so I could go with SS.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I'm a teacher in our town so I can't take off to go on their field trips.  DH goes on several though and he chaperoned the 3 day overnight Jason did in 6th grade.

godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM
I go all the time to my kids field trips. Iam missing my oldest son field trip because i have to take my youngest to the doc :( they are going to Yosemite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michelles
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I will be going with DD 2nd grade field trip to a local farm...this is the only field trip I have been on this year! I try to go if my work schedule will permit. I only remember going on one field trip with my son...we went to the zoo in kindergarten and got to take the new baby sister everyone was so curious to meet...the little girls made sure to stay close to keep an eye on the baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN