Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Suggestions on what to pay....

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

My girls are going to a Girls Inc. facility for the summer.  Problem is that they close at 5:30...that's when I get off work.  So, I have asked another lady here at work that gets off at 5pm to pick them up.  She car pools from another town with two other ladies that also have to work until 530pm.  So  my plan is for her to take my car, pick up my girls and bring them back to my work...in time for her to catch her car pool and me to get off work.  She is happy to do it and it won't start until the end of May...I want to pay her something but don't know how much....any suggestions? 

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cara5
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Are there car seats involved?  Does she have to go in, sign them out, do something complicated? Or does she just drive up and they up in the car?   

Id offer her at least $25 a week, more if its a complicated pick up or a hassall. 

mmc_mommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM

No car seats involved but she does have to sign them out.  

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 2, 2012 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you live in a high, average, or low cost of living area?

My original thought was also $25 a week, which comes to $100 a month. I would have said more if she's using her own car.

Cindy18
by Cruella on May. 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM
She is using your car, right? And she wouldn't be leaving until 5:30 anyway, right? I don't know if there should be any money involved, really. Can you switch with her and get out at 5 and her at 5:30? Seems pointless for her to get out at 5 and have to wait around for her ride any way? IDK. That's a tough one for me. If it was me helping you out, I wouldn't take any money and wouldn't think anything bad if it wasn't offered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauraand3kids
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Do you think she would switch times with you? But then again, you would have to go into work earlier and I am not sure of your morning schedule. I would offer $20 a week if the daycare is very close, but if it is far, I would give her more. She seems like a very nice lady and its nice to have people like that in your life.

mmc_mommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions...I was thinking around $20 or maybe even a gift card to eating places.  I haven't even asked her how much she would want but I want to be able to offer her something for her time and by your suggestions, I wasn't off base at all.  Thanks!!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN