Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Social time or just for eating?

Posted by   + Show Post

This comment from another post in this group got me to wondering what you think lunch time at your child's school should be like and why?

"yeah but for me i don't consider lunchtime socializing but more about eating because they go to recess afterwards.  if my son is socializing & playing with his classmates then he's not eating like the other 90% of kids at school who just throw most, if not all their food away. "

Should lunch time be a time for the kids to socialize and interact with each other or should it be a quiet time for them to only eat?  Why do you feel that way?

BTW - please forgive me for any typing or spelling errors that I may have made by mistake.  Unfortunately I have more than one thing going on at the moment and this doens't have 100% of my full attention like we all know that CM should.

I'm feeling wicked!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Replies (141-144):
kLynch315
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Right! My DD only gets a 15 minute recess before lunch.

Quoting auroragold:

Lunch time is DOWN time. That can be for eating AND talking can't it?

And how long is recess afterwards anyway - IF the school even still offers it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

idk, i think kids should be able to eat and socialize at the same time. it's called multi-tasking. lol!!

alynette
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:15 AM

things sure are different from when i was a kid. back then if you didn't eat lunch, that was your own fault. 

JoyfulJ
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM

One short recess is not enough most of the time, school is a lot of boring wrote work and if they are to do well, they need down time, lunch time socializing helps. I don't have a problem with it. Think back to your own school days and how much a relief that little respite was visiting with friends and eating. Even at work we try to socialize during lunch, why deny our children the same relief?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)